Chapter 39- Dream

Search & Rescue- Drake (I'm unhealthily obsessed)

Oliver hadn't cried in a while.

But he couldn't stop the tears streaming down his face as he held on tightly to a picture of his mother. The last printed picture of her was getting crushed underneath his strong grip but the pain in his heart didn't let him let go of the precious paper.

A strangled cry left his lips as he leaned his head back into the wall behind him. He was drunk and crying at a random bathroom. He was aware of how disgusting it was but it was a five star hotel, it would a little bit cleaner than anywhere else. Plus, he couldn't care less as he poured out his heart towards his mother.

Who he still couldn't believe was gone. It had been years yet the pain was still fresh in his chest.

He still sometimes went back to the hospital she was admitted to, after her accident. He expected her to be peacefully laying in her bed, machines beeping around her. Those machines were annoying as fuck, but they were proof that she was alive.

Proof that there was hope.

But once he wrestled his way back into her room, everything was gone. The bed was empty and the room was quiet. So damn quiet. No beeping, no buzzing, just silence.

It was at times like this he wanted to hear machine beep again. He wanted to feel her cold hand again, he wanted to see her twitch, sparking hope inside of him. Times where all he could do was break down and cry because he just missed her. She wasn't the perfect mother, but she was still his mother.

His first love. 

Sucking in a harsh breath, he wiped furiously at the tears. His movement was slurred due to the alcohol swirling through him. His heart was heavy with pain, weighing him down.

A choked sob left his throat as he leaned his head on his bent knees. Everything was falling apart around him and he didn't want to admit that it was all his fault. He hated that he couldn't be the man he wanted to promise to be.

He was afraid that Fuji wouldn't stick around to see the man he wanted to be.

...

Her heart was thrashing in her chest. She had been standing in front of the hotel room door for over half an hour. She still didn't feel like going in. Her palms were sweaty and her breathing was irregular.

She didn't know why she was scared.

Her hands were clutching the key card and her teeth were digging into her lip.

She wasn't even sure if he was in there. She didn't know where he was? Just like she never knew where he was. All she ever knew about him was that he loved her. She knew that that should've been enough, but her heart couldn't take it anymore. Her fear was growing that one day he would leave and disappear.

"Fuji?" She jumped as she whipped her head around. She sucked in a sharp breath as she caught the sight of him. His steps were unstable, his eyes were red and his fists were clenched. He looked like a lost little boy as he slowly approached her. She wanted desperately to go and pull him in her arms but she bolted her feet to the floor.

"What's wrong?" Her voice was quiet. She didn't want to know his answer. She wanted to stay mad at him but anything he says melted her away. He stopped right in front of her, his arms glued to his side, but she could see how much he craved to touch her. Just like her, he found comfort in her touch, he needed her to breath. 

He didn't answer her as his eyes locked onto hers. The hallway was silent, but an orchestra played in Fuji's head as she got lost in his eyes. Everything she planned on saying flew out of her head as he leaned closer to her. She could smell the strong scent of alcohol bouncing off of him but she still couldn't pull away.