Chapter 11- Dead

Mars Argo- Runaway Runaway (lovely song)
Iqra Aziz- V (she is so freaking pretty)
...
"Don't touch her!" He screamed as he watched the bad men pull her away. "Sweetie? We're only trying to help her, we need you to stay calm, okay?" Apollo ignored the woman trying to help him and started running towards his Lani. The only person that actually cared for him.

His only friend.

"No!" He yelled again struggling against the arms of the man that suddenly grabbed him. He grunted pushing his elbow against the man's ribs. He heard a discomforted groan from above him. He was breathing hard and the organ in his chest pounded like it was wanted to escape the confines of the flesh around it.

Why didn't he fight, why didn't he save his Lani?

He was her Sunshine and he needed to save her from the darkness.

Why am I so weak? He felt tears stream down his face as he hopelessly watched the girl getting carried away by the ambulance. His eyes closed as he tried not to think of what had caused this mess in the first place. If he hadn't gotten there in time, would she have suffered even more?

He felt so angry and hurt. Angry at the stupid man that was hurting her, angry at the world, angry at his father from keeping him from the one person that could light up his day. And he hurt for Lani, so badly, he didn't know why but his heart ached as he thrashed in the strong hold.

The sweet girl with the red hair reminded him of the feeling of not being lonely. To have someone.

...

"Heard you were quite the assassin," Apollo grimaced as he heard the voice. Sighing he turned to face the owner of the powerful voice. Her voice was husky and she sounded so cold. "From who?" He asked getting a good look at the woman.

Her golden brown skin glistened in the street light and a hijab hid her hair, her nose and lips were covered by a black mask but her eyes were visible. They were colored a brown but almost seemed black. They just stared at Apollo blankly, like she was bored. He couldn't blame her. He was new to this, nobody ever wants to do anything with the new person.

"Ares of course, you're his trophy and pride," she spoke pulling a gun from her jacket pocket and handing it to him. Apollo decided not answer because of how false that statement was. His father was known as a great actor.

"Why the hell am I here?" Apollo grumbled watching her closely to see if anything would give a hint of this mysterious person. "Because boss wanted you to be," she responded like she had no care. "Why couldn't he call anybody fucking else to do this?" He was angry that he got pulled away from his girl so now this woman was going to witness it.

"Everyone recommends training newbies for at least six months but boss was so adamant on sending you off right away," she explained, there was nothing in her voice that could tell Apollo what she was feeling about that. "Fucking hell," he mumbled almost silently.

He hated he was called in so early. He wanted to do everything as late as possible. But his father wasn't a patient man, and Apollo was aware of that more than anyone else so he wasn't expecting anything other than this.

"In three minutes five men will walk out of that corner," she pointed to the dimly lit alleyway that angled away from him, "to pick up that load of coke," she pointed to the garbage can. Apollo rolled his eyes, how smart of them to put coke in the dumpster.

"I need you to shoot the four big men, dead of course, and leave the small one to me, 'kay?" She didn't wait for him to respond before disappearing into the night.

Holding the gun wasn't hard. He wasn't exactly new to guns and shooting. But it had been a while since he had done anything remotely close to that so he took his time getting a grip that he could count on. He ignored the pounding organ inside of him and waited for the time to tick.