Chapter 21- Please

Bad Habit- Steve Lacy (Pls tell me ya'll saw his ig story too)

Her tears had soaked her pillow. It was wet and cold making her shiver even more. She grasped her chest trying stop the ache from spreading. The girl's small body shook as she let her tears run free down her cheeks. They were salty as they fell onto her bed, leaving wet splotches. She just couldn't stop crying. 

Savannah had tried to help but Fuji couldn't talk without waves of tears. She hiccuped through every sentence, and it was just painful. She didn't want to sound pathetic, but she missed her Ollie terribly. She couldn't stand being without him. It was like a part of her had been ripped away and there was nothing that could replace that part. 

And it hadn't even been a week since she left the waffle place, leaving her heart behind. It felt like it had been months to her. It was like time vanished. Minutes turned into hours and hours into days as she wrapped herself in her blankets and stayed in the comforts of her bed. 

She couldn't even get out of it without feeling drained and dead. 

She wondered if her Ollie felt the same way, if he was struggling, too. But every time she picked up her phone, she stopped herself from calling him. She knew that just his voice would make her blubbering mess of apologies. She kept telling herself that she wasn't the one that needed to apologize. It was him. He had hurt her.

She knew that if she went back to him, she would report the monster because of the way he hurts her angel. And she would do it without Ollie's permission. That would tear them apart. She didn't need any more pain. She already couldn't deal with the heaviness in her heart after leaving the orphanage. 

It had been like the universe had no remorse as they poured burdens and pain onto her. 

And to make everything worse, every time the girl closed her eyes, she could feel grimy hands all over her body and see the sinister eyes of a monster. She still could hear his voice and she remembered the way his breath brushed over her skin like nightmares. She hadn't slept in three days. 

"Fuji, you need to come eat dinner," Savannah said, holding the girls hands in her own. She was kneeling beside the bed where Fuji laid, her eyes leaking with tears and her heart thudding painfully. Savannah had tried everything to get the small girl out of bed, but nothing worked. 

She was getting worried. 

"I-I can't," Fuji whispered through her cracked lips. Savannah looked at her with the warmest eyes as she let out a small breath. "Here let me help you," she quietly said before placing her hand behind Fuji and lifting her up. 

Fuji felt embarrassed as she was lifted up. 

"Thank you," she murmured, not able to look into Savannah's eyes. She felt humiliated as she was assisted on getting up. When she did meet her eyes, she saw the pity shining in them. Pinching her hand to stop herself from sobbing again, she made her way to the bathroom to get in better shape to be seen by people. She really didn't feel like it. 

The small girl in the mirror was almost unrecognizable to Fuji, she looked so sad. Her hair was knotted up and all over the place, dark circles were forming beneath her eyes, from the lack of sleep, and her signature smile was missing. She felt so ugly. 

She looked away, not wanting to stare at herself any longer. No wonder Ollie had left her. No wonder he didn't come back.

"You can do-do this," she whispered to herself before splashing water onto her face and brushing her wild hair out. She pulled on a hoodie, not realizing it was Apollo's hoodie until she smelt his fresh scent on it. She wanted to cry as she cuddled into the hoodie. She felt pathetic for not taking off and burning it.