Chapter 4: The Blue Rose Knights

Some time had passed since the entrance exam had ended. You were brought to the Blue Rose's headquarters, escorted by Captain Charlotte and Sol.

"Wow, this place is so big!" you exclaim, as you stare at the gargantuan mansion

"Wow, this place is so big!" you exclaim, as you stare at the gargantuan mansion. "Yeah!", Sol replies, "Just wait till' you see the inside". Sol grabs your hand and leads you inside. As the two of you approach the front door, it opens before Sol is given a chance to do so herself. "Welcome to the Sqaud!", a bunch of girls shout upon your entry.

The girls, who are actually members of the Blue Rose knights, pause after calming down. They inspect you, realising that you're not their new squad mate. "Hey Captain, where's our new squad mate?", one member asks as Charlotte walks in. "Well um," Charlotte replies, "I know it's a little different from what we usually do, but er, say hello to your new squad mate", she says while pointing at you. She gestures you to introduce yourself. You sigh as you say, "My name is Y/N, it's a pleasure to work with y-"
"Absolutely not!", one squad member says, cutting you off. "Have you forgotten our rule, Captain? He's a MAN!" another argues. Sol looks around then gets onto her knees. "Please!", she says as the other members look down at her in confusion. Charlotte begins to explain, "It was Sol who requested that I recruit him to the squad. She said he wa-", Sol immediately gets up, blushing, and covers Charlotte's mouth, whispering something in her ear. Charlotte bursts out in laughers as she says "Sorry Y/N." The girls huddle up into a circle, with Sol in the centre and begin to talk. You stand there, awkwardly watching as they continue talking. You eventually decide to listen in. They are your teammates after all, right?

You slowly close in on the circle, making sure not to make it too obvious that you're trying to eavesdrop. You've taken a couple steps, and they haven't seem to notice you yet. "So far so good", you say to yourself with a cheeky grin. "I feel like I'm a kid again, trying to steal extra pot potatoes after a meal" you think to yourself. This reminiscing of the past made you unaware of what you were about to do next. You step on a creaky board. "CREAAAAAK!", the sound of the board makes. In an instant, several vicious glares look back in your direction. You gulp as the glares intensifies. "Someone trying to be a sneaky-boy?", one of the girls question.
"Looks like somebody needs to be taught a lesson. Maybe some punishment is needed", another girl adds. You look ahead in terror as all the girls slowly make their way towards you. Before soon, they all burst out in laughter as they tell you that they had finished their conversation long ago.

Borja, one of the squad members, steps up and says, "After some discussion, we've decided to let you stay, for Sol's sake." You look over to Sol who quickly looks away. "For Sol's sake?", you ask, "What does that that even mean?" Puli, another of the squad members, holds her head and says, "Men can be so dense sometimes, right ladies?" All the girls present agree, and you just laugh it off.

"It's getting late, I'm gonna head of to bed", Charlotte says as she walks towards you. "Please don't make me regret choosing you for this squad", she adds. "Yes ma'am!", you reply bowing. Charlotte gives you a warm smile then looks towards Sol and winks. Sol instantly blushes, trying to hide it but to no avail. Before heading to her bedroom, Charlotte asks Sol to show you to your room, in which Sol happily obliges. "This way!", Sol says with a smile. She looks around for your belongings, not realising you didn't have any. Embarrassed, you say, "I don't... have any. I come from a poor vi-"
Sol cuts you off, patting you on your head. "I understand," she says, "looks like we have some shopping to do tomorrow."

Sol takes you to your room. "Ta-dah!", she says as she opens the door to reveal a large room, accompanied by a king size bed and its very own bathroom.

 "Ta-dah!", she says as she opens the door to reveal a large room, accompanied by a king size bed and its very own bathroom

You stand at the doorway, flabbergasted, as you ask Sol if this whole room really is just for you. "Yep! All for you", she says, happy to see your excitement. "I'll leave you to get comfortable. If you need me, I'm in the room next door", she adds.
"Oh alright, thanks for everything", you reply.
Sol smiles, then waves goodbye as you do the same. The door closes and the first thing you do is jump onto your new bed. You land on your back and begin to sink a little. Never have you ever felt something as luxurious as this. You felt as if you were in heaven - as if none of your worries mattered if you were in this bed. You roll over and bury your head in between the two pillows. "I wonder how Asta and Yuno are doing right now", you think yourself, "and everyone back at home too. I'll make sure to right a letter home first thing in the morning." You doze of by accident. The utter comfiness of the bed had overpowered even the mighty Y/N.

That night, you had a dream. A dream which felt so familiar, but at the same time - so new. It felt like this wasn't the first time you had had this dream and whenever you woke up the next morning, the dream was nothing but a lingering essence which faded before you knew it. This morning was no different - and all you could remember was that you dreamt of something.

You hear a knock on the door. "Who is it?", you ask.
"It's me, Sol", she replies.
"Come in", you reply.

Sol enters the room to see you writing something at the desk. She sits down next to you. "Watcha writing?", she asks.
"A letter for my family back at home," you reply,
"Can you read it to make sure there aren't any mistakes." Sol smiles and says,
"Sure". You hand the letter to her and she begins to read. "To my family at home. I made it into a magic knights squad, although it wasn't my intention from the start. I was recruited by the Blue Rose Knights which I was a bit upset by, but later became thankful for. I have lots of kind and amazing teammates too. I didn't realise how big my bedroom would be until I saw it, and the bed was so good, I actually had a good sleep. Hope everyone is doing well back at home. I heard that magic knights get paid quite a lot so I'm hoping to send part of my pay back home every month. Anyways, hope to stay in contact with you all. Love Y/N."
"What did you think?", you ask.
"It's perfect", Sol replies. You put the letter inside the envelope and seal it shut. At the same time, Sol opens the window and whistles, signalling for a bird to deliver the letter. A black bird arrives at your window sill and you hand it the letter before it flies off. "Wait! How does it know where it's going?", you ask. "I'm not too sure myself, it just knows I guess", Sol replies. The two of you laugh at Sol's silly reply. "Well then Y/N, are you ready to go shopping?", Sol ask. "Oh yeah, we were going shopping today, weren't we?" Sol pouts and replies,
"So you forgot already?".
You put an arm over Sol and say, "Just playing, I could never forget something like that. Sol's heart skips a couple beats, not only because of your arm being on her, but also because of what you just said. Sol blushes and is only able to say "Let's be on our way then."

The both of you leave headquarters and head for the capital, but this time, your going there as a - Magic Knight of the Blue Rose!