Chapter 16: Youth's Sword Tournament (part 7)

[Your dream]

"Sarakai!", the woman's voice says. "Daddy's back home, Sarakai!"

"Sarakai...?", you think to yourself. "That name... it sounds... familiar.

For some reason, you couldn't see these people. To you, they were but a silhouette.

Very soon, the male figure approaches you, picking you up with one arm

"I hope you've been good for your mother", he says in a gentle voice.

You try to reply back, confused about what was going on.

Every word you tried to say was replaced with... baby noises? This confused you even more, so you eventually decide to just go along with it.

He then looks towards the woman with a serious expression; his whole demeanour suddenly changing.

"There's no time to waste!", he says abruptly. "They're... com-"

A massive explosion is heard in the distance, shaking the ground and everything on it.

"Sh*t!", the man says. "Take Sarakai and make your way back to the village! I'm heading over to N-"

Your vision and hearing suddenly cut out. You couldn't see nor hear anything; this was the epitome of silence.

...

*STEP* *STEP* *STEP!* *STEP*

The sound of approaching footsteps could be heard. You wondered what that was for a while. There didn't appear to be anyone nearby so you just ignore them, waiting to wake back up as you knew you were dreaming.

...

*STEP!* *STEP!* *STEP!* *STEP!*

...

The footsteps grew louder and louder and louder until they sounded like they were right at your ears.

...

The sound of footsteps echoed around your head, to the point where they became painful.

...

All of a sudden, the footsteps stop.

...

"Y/N!!!", a voice screams.

[Back to reality]

Your eyes fling back open; you awake to the sound of the scream.

You look over to Kuro who seemed to be concentrated on something else.

You then look over to see what Kuro was looking at; it was Uda and her big brother, Kilu, both running towards you.

Kuro kisses his teeth.

"Crap!", he says in annoyance.

He then looks over to you with a smile, coming up with a plan.

He quickly picks up your seemingly lifeless body before wrapping his left arm around your neck.