Chapter 20: Operation: L.O.V.E

You and Uda walk around the Clover Capital for a while, searching for a nice place to eat at.

You notice that Uda's hand is still shaking, which concerns you.

"I know I already asked", you say, "but are you sure you're okay? You're hand is shaking like crazy."

"O-oh, my hand?", Uda replies, trying her best to play it off. "I'm just...err... a little cold, that's all."

"Cold?", you repeat. "But... you're hands are sweaty."

Uda's eyes widen in shock after hearing this. She quickly looks down at her hand, realising that they were indeed sweating.

She abruptly lets go of your hand before vigorously rubbing her hand against her shorts in an effort to dry them.

"Oh I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry Y/N!", she gabbles. "That must've been so disgusting to feel. "I'm so sorry for th-"

You grab Uda's hand, holding it a little more securely than before.

"I didn't mean to sound rude", you say in guilt. "So stop apologising, ok?"

"Rude?", Uda says. "No-no-no! You weren't rude at all! If anything, I'm happy you told me. What type of a girl would I be to make the guy I like hold my sweaty hands, haha."

"The guy you like?", you repeat, confused.

"O-oh... err... I... uhm... I... meant... I...", Uda stutters in a panic before pausing for a while.

You stare at her, wanting to know what she meant by what she said.

"You knowww...~", she says. "You're my first friend that's... err... a guy? Yes a guy! You're the first friend I've made that's a guy!"

"Oh I see, haha", you reply, with an awkward laugh.

The two of you continue walking in the awkward atmosphere Uda created from what she had said. Although you two were holding hands, not a single word was exchanged.

"Now just what have I done!", Uda thinks to herself. "I bet Y/N's all weirded out by me now. Maybe this wasn't a good idea after all. Whenever I do something I want, things always turn out for the worse."

"Crap!", you think to yourself. "I shouldn't have told her that her hands were sweaty. Now I've upset her. Just great! Man, I really should've paid more attention to when Sister Lily was teaching us how to be respectful towards girls. I'm terrible at this!"

...

The two of you make it to a fancy-looking restaurant which catches both your eyes. On the restaurant's sign read "Blue Dining", accompanied with a drawing of a little blue rose.

Uda secretly pulls out a piece of paper from her pocket, quickly reading what was written on it

"Good", she says under her breath. "This is the place!"