Chapter 15: Youth's Sword Tournament (part6)

Your eyes slowly begin to open.

You look around and observe your surroundings.

"Where am I?", you ask yourself as you try to sit up.

You body slowly but steadily lifts itself up from the bed you had just realised you were on.

"Ah!", you scream as a sharp pain jolts up your body.

"Good morning sleeping beauty", a voice from your left says. "Looks like you've finally decided to wake up."

You look to your left to see Uda who was sitting on a nearby chair, reading a book.

You then begin to remember your match with Killer wasp and Amy. You had broken and injured several bones and muscles during the fight.

"W-where are we?", you ask.

"Can't you tell?", Uda replies. "We're inside one of the recovery rooms. Y'knooow, the room you sent me to after you turned me into a donu-"

"I-I know now", you reply, "thanks."

You take some time to digest your current situation before remembering something important.

"Wait, what time is it?", you frantically ask.

"It's 11:20 pm", Uda replies as she closes her book. "Your match with Killer wasp was supposed to happen 4 hours ago."

"W-what!?", you reply in shock.

"Yep, you heard correctly", Uda says as she stands up. "You were sleeping like a baby for over 4 hours. You were so cute, I could have just-"

"So that means", you interrupt. "Killer wasp... won?"

"Bzzzt", Uda replies, imitating the sound of a buzzer.

She slowly walks towards the bed you were sitting on.

"Lucky for you", she says, "Killer wasp appealed your automatic disqualification. He reaaaaaally wants to fight you, and I'm pretty sure that the crowd reaaaaaally wants to see a fight between you two. As you've probably guessed by now, the sword tournament authorities decided to postpone your match until tomorrow at 6pm so that you could rest and heal up."

"Hmph..", you chuckle. "I guess there's no helping it then."

"Yup!", Uda replies, giving you a friendly slap on the back.

"Ow!", you shriek.

"Aha sorry, sorry!", Uda replies with a giggle.

...

A couple minutes pass before you hear knocking on the door.

...

*KNOCK!* *KNOCK!* *KNOCK!*

...

"Come in!", you shout.

The door suddenly bursts open as your squad mates flood the room. Oh, and Kuro.

"Waahhh!", Puli cries, pulling you in for a hug. "I'm glad you doing okay ahhh!"

"Ah ow!", you scream.

"P-puli!", Sol shouts, dragging Puli away from you. "Can't you see he's still hurt? You gotta be more careful with these things you know. What if you hurt him more. Honestly, this is why you're struggling to find a ma-"

"I-it's fine", you say with a little laugh, interrupting Sol.

"W-well if your o-okay with it", Sol says, slightly looking away from you, "I guess it's fine then."