Chapter 8: City Patrol (part 1)

Two days had passed since the success of your first mission. It is early in the morning, and you are still sleeping.

*KNOCK* *KNOCK* *KNOCK*. The knocking sound on your door wakes you up from your slumber.

"Who is it!?", you say, replying to the knocking.

"It's me", a voice says, "Charlotte."

You stand up, yawning, then walk towards the door and open it.

You see Charlotte, already dressed in her uniform and holding a brown pouch. She hands the pouch over to you, telling you not to spend it all in one go.

"What is it?", you ask.

"Can't you tell?", she replies.

You open the pouch and see a pile of coins which were stacked up to the top of the pouch.

"Is this my p-pay?", you ask.

"Yes it is", Charlotte replies. "I also added a little extra for the amazing job you did."

You couldn't believe that all of this was yours - especially just for one mission. Charlotte couldn't help but smile at your innocent reaction.

She then told you that she had a mission to get to, and that you should rest a little, even though you had already been resting and doing nothing for the last 2 days.

"Is Daisy around?", you ask.

"Yes", Charlotte replies. "She should be in the hall."

Charlotte eventually leaves and you wave at her, wishing her good luck on her mission.

You quickly brush your teeth, take a shower and get dressed, before making your way to the hall.

On your way, you bump into Sol who questions where your going so early in the morning. You tell her that your going to train, to which she replies with a disappointed expression and says, "Ah, I see."

She leaves you to go train, which you do.

You arrive at the hall and see Daisy quietly training by herself. Once she notices you, she quickly makes her way over to you and says, "Oh, so you didn't give up on sword training?"

"Huh", you reply. "Why would I give up?"

"Don't ask me", she says. "You're the one who was absent for 2 days."

You laugh it off as there was nothing you could reply with.

"Could we start training again?", you ask.

Daisy smiles in satisfaction and says, "No training today! We're gonna do some theory and get you up to date with the basics."

She tells you to sit down, so you sit down.

"Listen up and listen good!", she says. "The most important thing to learn when your sword fighting are stances. They can help bolster ones attack or defence."

Daisy begins to show you multiple different stances.