Chapter 11: Youth's Sword Tournament (part 2)

A/N:
Hey guys! Sorry for the delay on the release of this chapter. I went on holiday with my family, and didn't have much time to write. Hope I can make it up to you with this chapter : )

I've also decided to release chapters weekly on Sundays, but may sometimes upload more than that. If you don't see my chapter on Sunday, you may be in a different time zone so it'll probably be the day before or after that.

Well, that's enough of my talking.

Hope you enjoy the chapter!

**********************************************

"Well then", the wizard king says. "Begin!"

"Just wait one moment!", Haru says.

All the participants look at him as he begins to talk.

"I forgot to explain one important rule", he says. "Magic can only be used as a support to your sword fighting. Nothing more than that."

As he says this, the spectator seats begin to fill up with people who came to watch the tournament.

You notice your squad sitting at some of the front spectator seats. Once they notice you, they begin to wave and cheer at you which causes the rest of the participants to look at you weirdly. You try to ignore your squad's cheering but it only makes them cheer louder.

"Ahem!", Haru says, "I kindly ask that those in the spectator seats quiet down a little."

You squad quiet down in embarrassment.

"One more thing!", Haru says as he clicks his fingers.

A white light envelopes the arena, and in an instant, your sword becomes a wooden one.

You look around and realise that not only yours, but everyone's sword had become a wooden one; including all 7 of killer wasp's swords.

"Wooden swords!?", you say in surprise.

Haru looks at you.

"Come on", he says. "Don't tell me you thought you'd be using your normal swords to fight. You'd all kill each other if you did."

"I see", you reply.

"Well then!", Haru says as he sits down. "The first part of the sword tournament begins now!"

Tension fills the arena as each participant look at each other.

"Yeahh!!", a voice screams.

You look back. It was killer wasp.

Killer wasp takes a step forward, reaching for one of his many swords. He takes another step then zooms forwards at speeds not even you could see, slashing an unlucky participant with his sword and ringing them out.

Killer wasp begins to rap, "Heck Yeahh, 1 down, don't frown now!"

"What monstrous speed", you say to yourself.

You feel a tap on your shoulder which makes you jump. You look back and see Kuro.

"Man you scared me", you say in frustration.