Chapter 14 -Part 2-

I just stare at him in shock. I didn't expect him to speak first. But why did he seem.. So chill about it? I half expected him to throw me out once he saw me. So I stood there not saying anything looking like a complete idiot.

"Uh hi" I finally spoke.

Uh hi? Really Julie? Couldn't have said hi without the 'uh'.

He didn't reply after that, his gaze is still on me, not moving.

I took this time to glance at the surroundings. His room is bigger then mine way bigger. He's hooked up to a machine and he has plastic wires in his arms. He has a few  scratches on his face; one on his nose, another on the left side of his cheek. He also has a white bandage on his forehead. The wall color is tan and the tile for is white. There are nice paintings on the wall, and a plant in the corner of the room, I spot a mini fridge in the corner.

Not only is his room bigger, but also nicer.

"Wow" I say aloud. Shit. I didn't mean to.

"What?" He curiously asks.

I sit there trying to formulate an answere. Should I lie? Well I'm in a wheelchair so that would ruin it. Whatever I'll just say it I'm not afraid to admit it.

"Your room is nicer then mine and way bigger."

"Your room?"

"Uh yeah. I have a uh room." Again with the uhs.

"Well that's uh cool." He smiles at me and laughs.

I peak a smile at him. I can't hide it.

"Yeah. I mean you even got a mini fridge. You must be MVP because even I don't have that." I say. I wish I had a mini fridge. It won't say me a lot of trips to the vending machine.

He smiles again. " I guess that's pretty cool but I don't use it I doubt there's anything in there."

"Let's check." I move to the mini fridge in the corner of the room.

I grab onto the handle and pull it open.
I see nothing and no lights to illuminate it. Its empty.

"I'm not special anymore." He says from beside me.

I turn to him to find him looking straight at at me with more intense look. His hazel eyes seem to speaking to me. Don't look away. And I don't.

This look. I know this look. Damien has it when he wants to kiss me. My stomach turns and I quickly look away.

"What's your name?" I ask him.

"Austin."

I glance at him. "Julie." I stick my hand out for him to shake. He grabs onto my hand. His fingers gazing mines, his thumb merely touches mine and I loose my senses. Austin hand is soft like he just put on lotion. His eyes are still on me. I have to look away or I don't know what would happen and I don't want to find out.

I pull away from him first. I wheel myself away from him because I'm not sure what would have happned if I didn't let go a second later and I'm terrified of that.

This time he spoke first. "I saw you. When I  got here a couple days ago."

Oh yeah. I forgot about that.

Now my mind is back on track.

"What do you remember?" I ask him wondering if he remembers what he said to me at all.

"I told you something but I don't remember exactly what." He says slowly like he's trying to remember again.

"Oh." that's all I can say.