Chapter 10

Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears. That a quote I once heard and I remember till this day because my patience is running thin.

Days slowly passed by without Damien showing up I started to think he wasn't going to show up at all. After the incident I thought he would come running back to me. I was dead wrong. I would stay late up at nights and wake up early just to see if he came, not once did he.

Today is the day I'm going to make a decision that will decide my future.

Chemo or radiation

Since being by myself for the past couple days I had alot of time to think. I've made a decision. Nobody knows except me, I haven't told Kelly – though considering I tell her everything, I thought it would best to keep it to myself.

Kelly has been trying to tell me that maybe Damien has been sick and can't come. I know she's been trying to make me feel better but its not working. I just been absorbing music and reading books about chemo and radiation thus making a decision. I never been more certain before, I know what I want.  My parents may not like it or may love it but if they don't then I don't care.

A thing I discovered is that I find a inner strength in myself. Since I had near death experience, I viewed things different like , how I need to take control of things and start living life.

As I lay down in bed waiting for my family and doctors to show up I begin to think about how my life has changed but crazy as this sounds I wouldn't change it for the world. It made me stronger, confident and make new friends. I release my breath and my gaze on the cream colorer celling. I blink a few times to get my eyes back in focus. I don't know how long I been daydreaming, but it feels so good.

A lyric popped into my head as I continued to daydreaming.

"Im never change who I am." By imgaine dragons. That song just fits so perfectly.

Just as I about to listen to the song I heard the sound of my door opening. I held my breathe, this is it.

I don't bother to look up because I already know who's here.

"Julie!" Timothy screams and runs over to my bed.

"Hey Julie" my mom says as the rest of my family walks in.

I sit up and pick up Timothy and give him the biggest smile. I ruffle his hair which causes him to pout, I laugh at his cutness.

"Are you ready for today?" Mom asks me. I lift my eyes to look at her.

"Yes" I confidently say.

She smiled at me and nodded.

"Want to play a game?" Timothy pokes at my side.

I narrow my eyes at him. His games constant of hide and seek and tag but I obviously can't do that.

"Let's play go fish!" He flashes his cards in front of my face.

"I taught him that and now he doesnt want to stop playing." Ryan rolled his eyes.

"I beat him four times!" He announces.

"Did not! I was a little rusty." Ryan says in a lower voice as if he's ashamed.

I laugh at the two idiots.

"Sure I'll play" I say.

"Haha I win" Timothy grins.

I groan and drop all my cards on the bed. "That's the third time you beat me."

"It cause I'm so good." He gathers the cards.

"No I'm done. You beat to many times for today." I give up. He was too good at that game.