Chapter 15

I feel like my eyes have been glued shut for centuries. I can barley breathe though
my nose and body aches like no other. The headache I have is slowly becoming more effective as I wake up.

This is the first time in a while that I become sick. The other time I was okay but nothing compared to this.

On a scale from one to ten I rate this pain a seven.

"Julie? You awake?"

I open my mouth to speak but soon found out my mouth is dry. My lips are flaky and my mouth needs water. I must have kept my mouth opened all night greaaat.

I say I need water but nothing comes out, all I can hear myself say is " I nefr watrfr."

The person miraculously understands me and hands me water. But it requires me to open my eyes.

I pry open my eyes and look to see a blue cup in front of me. I immediately take the blue cup in my hands and take it in my mouth.

Once I'm done my mouth feels much better. My airways can finally move and I can breathe better.

My eyes adjust to the light and its no longer blurry. I feel a hand on my arm its very warm compared to my cold body. I'm cold but I'm sweating a lot, bullets of sweat are at the top of my forehand and my collar.

Then I sense a palm on my forehead it disappears before I move. "She's still burning up." A voice says. I'm not sure who it is.

"I'm going to get her a cold towel." A voice says from across the room then I hear a door open and close.

I hear the words cold and towel. No. I'm already cold I need blankets, lots of them.

"No c-cold t-towel. Blankets." I say to whoevers here.

"Its going to be okay. I'm here to take care of you."

The voice sounds familiar. The voice is a male with a husky tone and hint of concern.

"Damien?"

"Yes Julie im here. Don't worry you're going to be fine."

My body relaxes automatically. When Damien is with me I'm always relaxed and calm.

I smile to myself.

"I'm happy to hear your voice." I say in tranquility. I close my eyes briefly because I'm getting tired. I don't know what I said but I don't care I'm taking a nap.

I hear words forming from Damien's mouth but I can't comprehend what he's saying. Then a cold towel touches down on my warm forehead with the sudden contact of the coldness I groan. My body forms goosebumps. I need a blanket.

My body shuts down at a slow pace and I'm numb to everything. I no longer feel cold or warm. All I see is darkness

《《《》》》

I wake up again. No more dry mouth but I can still feel congested in my lungs. No more chills. Partially cold because a fan is directly on my face on high. I turn my head to stare at the fan. I reach up my weak arm and turn off the fan.

When I turn it off I take the opportunity to look around the room. No one is in the room. It's silent.

I become so sick that I don't remember anything after I fell asleep. For all I know it could be a new day. But I won't ever forget what happened yesterday...

Austin and the kiss.

The guilt. The shame.

I never want to experience that again. It was hard enough to go though.