Chapter 17

"Austin kissed me."

Damien blankly stares at me. He doesn't move or blink. I don't know if I should go on. I nervously continue in a rample

"I swear he came on to me. I tired to stop though. And I felt bad for because is girlfriend died so I feel like itspartly imy fault. I'm so so sorry Damien, I hope you can understand if you don't—"

"Stop"

His one small but powerful word made me stop in my tracks. He closes his eyes and pinches his nose at the bridge.

"He k-kissed you?" He asks me.

"Yeeaahh." I slowly say.

He takes his hand off his nose and opens his eyes to look at me.

"It's alright."

Wait what? It's alright? He's not going to blow up?

"You're not mad?" I ask him in confusion.

"I'm mad, but not at you I'm more mad at Austin." He says in name in disgust.

I take a deep breathe and relax my whole body. "I thought you were gonna get angry."

Damien begins to wall towards me untill he falls short in front of me.

"It doesn't matter. You didn't kiss him back? Or didn't feel anything?"

I stop myself in tracks. I want to detrail right now. The one question I did not want him to ask. How am I supposed to tell him? I don't want to lie but if lying makes things better... No Julie. You can't and you won't.

"Umm." I say trying to formulate words iny heads.

I knew I shouldn't have said that, but I did.

It's like Damien automatically knew what the answer was by his facial expression. Hurt.

"You kissed him didn't you?" Damien said.

I bit the inside of my cheek.

"Did you or didn't you Julie? Its a simple yes or no!" Damien demands growing more furious.

I shallow the lump in my throat and open my mouth to speak.

"Yes."

And that one word nearly killed him. He steps back blinking at me. No words.

Then he takes a few more step backs until his back reaches the empty wall space.

I spite out the words with guilt lingering in my voice. "I'm sorry."

Damien doesn't look at me. He's looking at the window where the curtain is open letting me see his bright green eyes come alive.

I don't know what else to say besides I'm sorry. I already explained to him what happened. Guilt is building up inside me.

"Did he.. Come on to you?" Damien says uncomfortablely.

Taken back by his question I answer it back swiftly.

"Yes." I shut my eyes closed, not bearing to see his hurt face.

My stomach moved like ocean waves causing me to be sick. I want to throw up.

I hear footsteps then a door slamming.

I open my eyes and see that Damien left. He didn't say anything, no goodbye, absolutely nothing. I wonder where he went. Did he leave forever? Just thinking that makes my stomach hurt more. My eyes start to burn and I can't help but cry. Tears stream down my face. A sob escapes my lips and I cover my face with my hands and cry more.