Chapter 4

The next day, I woke with nausea in my stomach. My whole body was aching every time I moved. I closed my eyes and held on to my uneasy stomach and tried to close my throat to contain the vomit. The trash can is out of reach so I can't throw up in it. My legs are too week to walk into the bathroom. I prayed that a nurse would soon walk in and help me. I felt my body heat up and I ripped the blanket off of me, sweat came shooting down my forehead. I heard the heart meter keeping beeping faster and faster.

I reached for the nurse button that's right above my bed. I trailed the the button and pressed it as hard as I could with all the streghth I left in me.

I was soon losing my breathe and gasped for air.

I heard the door shoot open and saw nurses coming by myside in a flash. One nurse checked at on the machines, one check my pluse while the other one gave me a oxygen mask. I saw blackness consuming my eye's and saw all sharp edges turning into blurriness. For a second I thought I'm dying but no, I don't give up that easily. I can't and I won't. There's life out there. I haven't been to the ocean before, haven't gone to a live concert, never been out of state, never traveled around the world and never had my first kiss. I never been able to start having a normal teenage life, that's my one wish, to be happy and right now I'm far from it. But I have to keep fighting.

I felt my limbs relax, my body numb, I slowy gave in and closed my heavy eyes gave in and close them shut.

"Julie" Someone said

I groakly woke up and blinked away the sleepiness, I immediately felt better then the first time I woke up. My throat is dry and so is my mouth.

They said my name once again. It sounded familiar but I can't name them. My brain and body are still recovering.

"Yes" I managed to say with a dry throat.

"Oh thank god"

I looked around and saw a figure by my bed. I blinked away the blurriness and knew who it was with her blonde locks that on below her shoulders.

"Kelly?"

"Yes. I'm here" She stood up once she heard me speak. She looked like shes been crying.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You woke with a high fever and your body couldn't fight it off" Kelly informed me.

"Then why you crying?"

"I wasn't crying" She whipped her eyes with the back of her hand and patted under her eyes.

"Did something happen?" She's not telling something, I know her to well. She always avoids it and tries to change the subject.

She hesitanted before answering. "No"

I just stared at her untill she gave me a real answere.

"You..." She didn't finish.

I?" I raised my eyebrows

"You fatlined" She said with tear forming in her eyes.

My body felt like pins and needles, my heart fell into my stomach and exploded.

My... Heart stopped beating, I didn't breathe, my whole body stopped. I can't image that.

"For how long?" I dared to asked.

"About 4 minutes"

My mouth nearly dropped to the floor. My heart stopped for 4 minutes and yet I didn't feel anything.

I chocked down the lump in my throat and remembered that my mouth is dry.

"Water" I said.

She immediately walked over to the mini fridge and opened it and reached for a bottle of water. That's when I noticed I'm in a different room then I was before.