Chapter 5

"Julie, you have some guests here to meet you," I faintly hearf through my earbuds. I saw Kelly's radiant face from behind the door as she let in my "guests". I plug out my earbuds that I continued to hear though out the night. I rubbed my eyes to drown away my tired eyes.

I saw my mother and father walking in, but unlike normally, something seemed different. They weren't smiling as usual. "Hey mom and dad. Weren't you guys suppose to come visit me in the afternoon.  You know after work?" I questioned trying not to reveal my curiosity.

My mother just smiled,  but didnt respond. My dad wasnt making eye contact with me either. I have a strange feeling in my stomach. My father tends to not make eye contact when hes giving bad news to me. My mother doesn't respond because she's afraid she'll blow it out.

Before I could start my interrogation, the doctor walked in.

"Hello, Mr & Mrs. Carter. Glad you can see me at such short notice. Ah and I see Ms.Julie is awake as well," Dr Roberts  chirped as if not noticing the awkward atmosphere in the air.

My mother just simply nodded at Dr. Roberts and patiently waited for him to continue.

"Lets not make this any longer than it has to be. There is some good news as well as some bad. Lets start with the Good, shall we" Dr. Roberts said looking at his clipboard. My Mom and Dad decided to sit down the closet door to them.

My mom bit the inside of my lip, trying to keep the tears from falling out. She tried to keep a straight face but her tears were probably giving away her emotions. I can't keep them in any longer im going to have to give up this battle. As she shut her eyes a feel down a tear trail down my mom's  cheek. My dad immediately grapped a tissue from the inside of his jacket pocket and handed it to her, he gently patted her back and said sweet nothings in her ear but I couldn't hear the words he was saying to comfor her.

As I see my mom begin to cry I suddenly become nervous. I never seen my mom cry. Not even when they told my parents I had cancer, she held in her tears and asked the doctor millions of question concerning me.

The doctor coughed to get our attention. My mom sobs stopped. The doctor has all our full attention.

"The good news is that Julie is health is better. Better then ever, in fact" He said.

I slightly smiled at the good news. I'm waiting untill he says "but" that changes everything. I notice that doctors say that when theirs bad new and in this case; their is.

"But.." He said

Their it is, the bad news. Am i able to handle it? My mind is on high alert as he keeps going.

"It may take over a year to recover"

I felt my whole world slow down, my heart beat slowed. My body is trembling, it doesn't make sense, I'm supposted to be in remission. I'm done with all gimmex, the chemicals, the pills. I can't take it anymore. My mind didnt want to accept the truth. I didn't want to accept. I now understand why my mom is crying, I felt pain in my lower abdomen. My eyes begin to tremble with tears, I pouted my lips to stop the tears from rolling down my cheek.

"So. What does that mean?" I managed to ask even though I knew the answere.

"It means you have to go though therapy"

Then I let out all the tears not stopping. I put my hands over my face and sobbed. I was hoping we wouldn't say that. I thought I was getting better! But now I have to go though this, its unbelievable. I don't believe this. My heart is broken. I pull my hands away from my wet, red and puffy face I looked back at Dr. Roberts.