Chapter 3

"So what you doing here?" I asked him.

He was stunned at the question and looked around the room as if it had answeres. He had an absolute clueless face, his eyes stopped at the clock and stayed there for what seen like hours. Silence filled the room. You could only hear the tick tock of the clock. I was just about fed up with him not talking so I opened my mouth to speak but he turned his neck.

He scratched the back his head and looked straight at me.

"I was making sure everything was in place" His voice came out a little shaky.

I squinted my eyes at him to see if he was right. I don't know if hes lying but if he is, why would he? Why did it take him so long to answer? A million questions flashed in my mind. But my mouth was to slow to speak for me.

He didnt leave time to let me respond as he stood up and walked over to the counter once again. That's when I noticed something was wrong, The way his shoulders slumped has he walked and the way he dragged his feet like he was mad at the world.

I opened my mouth to speak but nothint came out. I coughed to the the words fall out with ease. "Is something bothering you? I slowly said. And lifted myself off the bed to be in a more comfortable position and so I could hear him clearly.

Instead of answering me, Damien tapped his fingers on the counter as if he was trying to concentrate on his thoughts. I don't think he knows he doing it but its starting to irritate me, not because hes tapping his fingers on its own accord but because he's ignoring me like I'm not talking to him. I felt my face heat as I waited for him to say anything. My patience is running thin so I decided I had enough of this waiting.

My face is probably red as a tomatoe and my body is shaking, bitting down on my tongue to compose myself, my toes curling to keep myself calm but nothing would have prepared for what I saw next.  As I saw it I felt my whole body cool down and toes back in place. I don't how I didn't  notice this before, shock ran though my veins, my heatbeat raced. I looked at his nursing outfit and saw more of it. Some on his collar, and even on his lips.

Blood.

I saw blood on knunkles and they looked swollen with blue and green colors. His lips wasn't that much bruised but it still had blood on it. He had green and blue colors on his right eye. I must have been blind or I wasnt paying attention the first time I saw him.

He noticed me looking at his bloody knunkles and quickly shoved them out of sight.

"How'd you get that?" I asked

He ignored my question and started walking to the door.

I quickly tried to think of something before he left because I wanted him to stay. Just has he grapped the door handle I opened my mouth to speak.

"Want me to help you?"

He stopped in place and stood there, his eyes still on the door contemplating weather to leave or stay. After a second of silence he slowly turned his neck to look back at me.

"And how you gonna do that?" He huffed.

"Clean you up of course"

"But how? You're stuck in bed" He replied.

"Would you rather have the doctor's charge you money or have me clean you up for me?" I grinned back and put my arms across my chest like I won.

He turned his neck back to the door and sighed before walking back to me. He finally gave in.

"The alcohol is under the cabinet behind the plastic bags, the cotton balls are on top the second one." I ordered him.

He followed my instructions and came walking to my bedside with cotton balls in one hand and alcohol in the other.