Chapter 18

Today is the day. The day of the blood results. I never been more nervous in my life. My doctors said in the past that Cancer can always come back, maybe a year or more. So what if I'm cancer free but then a year later I have it again? or maybe five years? I don't want to think about it. I don't want to have hopes up too high so when they do tell me I'm not cancer free , I'll be okay.

But if they do tell me I'm Cancer free then I'll be okay too.

I don't know how long I have to wait to see my doctor but I hope its not long, I couldn't sleep last night because how nervous I was but also how last night ended, with me crying.

Kelly woke me up this morning telling me that my family is visiting soon. Then she said she would be back on time for the results, she said she wouldn't miss it for the world.

I sigh looking up at the celling. The past twenty four hours have been a crazy rollercoaster. Going up and down.

I just want to see my family right now. I miss them more than anything. Seeing Timothy just makes my day, his smile is contagious.

I hear the door open then a little squeal and footsteps storming to my bed.

"Sissy!" Timothy says.

I laugh at his cuteness and pick him up to set him on the bed with me.

"Hey Tim." I poke his cheek.

Then mom comes in, behind her is dad then Ryan. Mom and dad comes over to kiss me on the cheek and hug me.

Ryan nods at me with a smile then looks away. He sits down in the chair looking at his phone.

I glance back at Timothy and smile at him. "Did you miss me?"

He looks back at me with serious face. "No."

I look more closely at him to see if he's lying. When he lies his eye twitches and he can't hold eye contact.

Timothy is looking everywhere except at me and also his eyes are twitching.

"Liar!" I point at him.

He looks back at him with a grin. "You caught me! I did miss you Julie."

I tickle him.

He tries to squirm away. "Okay okay I promise I won't lie to you again, just stop tickling me!"

I continue to tickle him. He doesn't stop laughing.

"Okay I think that's enough." Dad says without glancing away from his part phone in his hand.

I tickle Timothy one last time then I ruffle up his hair and smile at him.

I glance over at mom who is talking to someone on the phone. Then I glance at Ryan who is also on the phone playing some game of his.

"What game you playing?" I ask him.

He peeks at me though his eyelashes while trying to play his game. He seems taken back at first.

"Mortal kombart." He says.

"Ooh. Can I watch you play it?"

His finger stop moving for second then looks at me. He's frozen. He moves off the chair and sits down next to me while I pick up Timothy to put on my lap.

Ryan continues to play his game while Timothy and I watch him.

"What does this guy do?" Timothy asks pointing to the screen.

"Oh he kicks ass."

"Hey!" Mom says to Ryan in a warning tone. "Don't cuss in front of Timothy."