Prologue: Rob Meets KF

The bright lights and the sound of driving cars; that was a bit odd. "It's Central City, not Gotham," Robin reminded himself. Usually at the late hours of the night, civilians liked to make it home as quickly as possible for fear of the many crooks that skulked about. Central City was different, though. No car horns sounded and some people were even casually strolling about. "Who even takes a walk at this hour?" Robin thought to himself. Well, he doesn't really have a right to say anything seeing as he too was out.

"I thought we were meeting speedsters tonight, how come they're the ones late?" Robin inwardly huffed.

Batman gave him the side eye and all he could do was shrug in response. Despite becoming the man's ward, he wasn't quite yet used to the whole "I know everything" vibe that he gave off.

Next thing he knew, wind started picking up, and two people stood in front of them. Obviously, the two speedsters they were waiting on.

While the Flash was jokingly apologizing and explaining their tardiness to one scowling Batman, the other person approached him.

"Robin? As in the Boy Wonder?"

Robin stared blankly. All he heard was a bunch of gibberish.

"Oh crap- Sorry, I'm still new to the whole speedster thing," the male sheepishly laughed, "I'm Kid Flash, mind if I call you Rob?"

Quickly typing out a reply on his phone, he grinned as he showed the other. "As long as I get to call you KF then."