Chapter 10: Alpha Male (Part 1)

Many of the League members were at Mount Justice, helping to fix the damages done to the cave during the attack from the Reds. They were also fixing the security, updating it.

Green Arrow placed a bowl of pretzels  in front of Kid Flash. The team, minus Aqualad, were seated at a table near the cave entrance. 

"Thanks, but no thanks." KF told Green Arrow, his head was rested on his crossed arms.

It was pretty rare for Kid Flash to decline food. He practically never did so!

"What we want are answers!" Robin thought, a little pissed. He was confused, he hardly ever not have knowledge of something. Not knowing why they were attacked by Red Tornado frustrated him to no ends.

Kid Flash voiced his thoughts. "What we want are answers! Answers about red Tornado and his siblings!"

Green Arrow grabbed the bowl of pretzels, prepared to put it away. Kid Flash reached for the bowl and told him, serious, to "Leave the bowl."

Green Arrow was slightly confused. Did he want the pretzels or not? he shouldn't be surprised though, KF was related to Barry after all. 

KF began munching on said pretzels, stuffing his face rapidly.

Superboy had been listening to what has been happening. He had hoped that he'd get some information as to why they were attacked but it seems he wouldn't be getting information from Green Arrow. He looked at his other side, noticing Aqualad was talking to Batman.

He decided to listen in on their conversation with his super-hearing. 

"It was during the Tai Pei mission with Red Arrow. Sportsmaster revealed the possibility of a mole within the team. in light of last night's attack, Tornado would appear to be the traitor. But whether he betrayed us willingly or was pre-programmed is still-" He was cut off by an enraged Superboy. 

"You knew?!" Superboy cried as he launched himself at Aqualad. "That android and his maniac family nearly killed M'Gann!"

"Conner!" M'Gann flew towards them, "What are you doing?"

"Kaldur knew we had a traitor among us and said nothing!" Superboy yelled angrily.

"You knew?" Robin almost said, though he kept it in his head.

"But didn't tell us?" KF asked, clearly as upset as the others.

"I sought to protect the team from-" Aqualad tried to explain but was cut off.

"Protect us from what?" Artemis asked, pissed. "Knowledge that might have saved our lives?"

"You almost died!" Superboy shouted, glancing over at M'Gann.

"Enough." Batman said sternly, his eyes narrowing.

Everyone stopped. They knew better than to disobey.

"With Red Tornado missing, the team will now be overseen by rotating supervisors. captain Marvel has volunteered to take the first shift."

Said man stepped forward. "I'm really looking forward to hanging with you guys."

The team exchanged looks, save for Aqualad and Superboy.

Superboy looked over at Aqualad, scowl in place, and growled out, "After I dismantle Red Tornado, you and I are gonna-"

He didn't get to finish due to being cut off by Batman, "Red Tornado is a member of the Justice League. That makes him a League responsibility. You will leave him to us."

Batman turned a gestured at the air as a holoscreen came up.

"I have another assignment for this team."