Chapter 4: Schooled

"Recognized: Superboy B-04."

Superboy entered the cave with a frown before walking through the hologram hockey game the team was playing with, causing it to disappear. With a greeting, M'Gann asked about his Metropolis trip.

Robin sighed. It didn't take a genius to guess what had happened. Well, he was a genius and he didn't have to guess either, since he hacked the security camera. He snickered; Batman is gonna give Superman one hell of a lecture. Poor guy. 

Well actually, poor Superboy. 

Robin turned to KF, knowing he'd understand just by looking at his eyes. "Superboy is being ignored by Superman just because he's a clone. There has to be a word for that like... CLONISM!" Is that even a word? It is now. 

KF's small chuckle caught everyone's attention, which he tried to cover up with a cough. Subtle.

Black Canary cleared her throat, causing the team to turn around, spotting her and Martian Manhunter. 

"Ready for training, everyone?" She asked. 

At the sight of her uncle, M'Gann ran up to hug him. As the two conversed, Robin noticed Superboy head for the exit before he was stopped by Canary.

She went on about how fighting was about acting and not reacting. 

"I'll need a sparring partner," Black Canary said. KF's hand shot up and he threw away his snack wrapper. He took one step before Robin put a hand on his shoulder and stared at him with a "don't-do-something-stupid" look. 

KF huffed out, "I won't!" Robin gave him another pointed look before gently shoving him towards Black Canary.

She quickly threw a punch, which he blocked before his legs were immediately swept from under him. The floor lit up with the words "Kid Flash: Fail." 

Black Canary complimented his block before asking if anyone knew what he did wrong. Robin laughed, signing to him about "how he just got served." 

"Dude!"

"Oh, please," Everyone turned to Superboy. "With my powers, the battle's always on my terms. I'm a living weapon. And this is a waste of my time." 

"Prove it," Black Canary said as she got ready for another spar. KF backed up, standing beside Robin. "Things were getting serious!" He thought with a small grin. 

When Superboy threw a punch at Black Canary, she grabbed his arm and easily flipped him. Superboy was down. 

Superboy got off the ground and went for another attack on Black Canary, which landed him back on the ground again.

Robin snorted, covering his mouth to prevent laughing aloud. The muffled laughter was cut off as soon as Batman appeared on the holo screen with a small glare. He gave them the rundown about how an android copied the League's powers and how it took eight leaguers four hours to defeat it.

"Who made it?" Robin signed, "T.O. Morrow?"  

"Good guess Robin, but Red Tornado doesn't think so," Batman explained.

Martian Manhunter cut in, "The technology bears the signature of, Professor Ivo." 

"Ivo? But, Ivo's dead-" 

Black Canary turned and looked at him, "So we all thought. Or hoped."

Batman spoke up again, "To make certain that the android's permanently neutralized, we're sending two trucks carrying the android's parts to separate S.T.A.R. lab facilities in Boston and New York for immediate evaluation."