Chapter 29 (One-shot)

It was a weekend.

A ginger haired boy and an ebony haired boy were lounging around, like they usually did. However, this time, they had a guest!

Roy Harper, sat on the floor of Wally's bedroom, leaning against the other's bed as he played a game on his 3ds XL.

Wally and Dick were also on their consoles; Wally with his 2ds and Dick with his NEW 3ds XL.

They hadn't decided to meet up for any particular reason, just to hang out. Wally and Dick haven't seen Roy a lot since he stopped being Arrow's partner.

"BE FREE, BUTTERFREE!"

Two pairs of eyes stared at Wally in an exasperated way.

"Stop releasing all your pokemon, Wally!" Roy snapped. You can't blame him.

"I have to! They need to be released into the wild! I can't just keep them as my slaves forever! They deserve better!"

Richard just let out a (very sexy) snort as he watched their interaction.

"Then, why catch any of them at all!?" Roy demanded.

"I'm helping them level up and in return, they help me. They evolve so they'd have a better chance of surviving in the wilderness! Since the game only progresses after defeating a gym leader, they help me before I release them."

"So he's aware it's just a game." Roy stated sarcastically.

"It's just a game now but since they created Pokemon Go, they're one step closer to bringing Pokemon to the real world!" Dick signed exaggeratively, posing dramatically as he stood up.

The two red heads just stared up at him.

He sat back down on the bed.

They all resumed playing their games.

~BIRDFLASH~
*About an hour later*

"You should've gotten a 3ds, Wally." Dick signed before putting both hands back on his console.

"Oi! Don't sign to Wally while you're battling me!" Roy cried out before he continued to stare at his options.

He was ignored.

"A 2ds is cooler! It's more original than a 3ds!" Wally declared, grinning as he clicked the "release" button on the game.

"Harder to carry around." Dick signed again before adding, "Plus, a 3Ds is actually better."

Roy let out a frustrated grunt when he saw his last pokemon faint. Dick just smirked, as smug as always.

The archer turned to the speedster.

"I swear, if you're releasing more pokemon.." He trailed off in a threatening way.

Wally didn't respond, being distracted by his screen.

Roy yanked the console out of the other's hand, earning a surprised "Hey!"

Glancing at the screen, Roy groaned.

"What!? They deserve better trainers than me!"

Dick looked over his shoulder before whipping his head to look at Wally in a disappointed way.

Roy observed the screen better and shouted at Wally, "You were about to release a legendary pokemon!?"

Glancing between a pissed Roy and a disappointed Richard, Wally just gave a weak laugh.

"Alright, we're trading." Roy stated before doing as he said, leaving no room for arguments.

Dick just shrugged; if he really wanted that legendary, he could just use a cheat code or something.

~BIRDFLASH~
*Another hour later*

"Bloody hell, you suck at this." Roy mumbled as he defeated Wally in battle.

The speedster decided to battle his team of legendaries (and fully evolved starter) with his caterpie and rattata.

Dick snickered.

"But, I stole them from their homes and confined them in tiny little capsules! I can't just force them to fight!!" Wally argued.

Yeah, this wasn't funny anymore. They keep going back to this topic.

Dick intervened.

"I think that's enough Pokemon for today."

The two red heads agreed before everyone saved their games (about 4 times, just in case) and turned off their devices.

Right then, they heard someone's phone vibrate.

They turned to where they heard it to see Dick make a swipe motion on his phone.

He stared intensely at the screen before grinning.

"Pokemon Go?" Wally asked.

Dick nodded happily.
He finally caught that Vulpix in Wally's neighborhood.

~BIRDFLASH~

Soooo, I finally updated!
I would've posted a one shot sooner, since those are easier to write than retellings, but I didn't know when it was deemed appropriate timing in my story.

However, I remembered that the one shots didnt have to line up with the events of my story or the timing of it. Some of them do, but some don't. This one doesn't really.

I just wrote it to lighten the mood of the fic and cuz we need more Roy.
Also, Pokemom is awesome and y'all should try out some of the games.

So, ya. Now I can cross this idea off my list. I did mention I have a list of ideas, right? (More like WRITE) I haven't given up on this, so no need to worry!

Anyway, thanks for reading along with your patience!! ♡