Chapter 22

Howdy guys! Sorry I haven't posted any updates lately, been having killer headaches  lately but it's better now! Prepare for the BirdFlash! Oh, this idea was kinda from  blueninja1905 who knows how long ago but Thanks for the idea! I just changed your idea up a bit.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Recognized: Robin B-02"

"-Give it back or so help me I will.." Artemis's voice was heard as her threat trailed off.

"Or you will do what?" The Speedster challenged, unafraid.

Robin sighed. He obviously entered the cave during one of Wally and Artemis's spats. The Boy Wonder just casually strolled past the two, making his way into the kitchen area.

M'Gann greeted him. "Hi Robin!"

Robin waved back and gestured to his fighting teammates.

"Yeah, they've been arguing for hours. We don't even know what they're fighting about." She explained.

The boy just shook his head, used to this. He opened a cabinet and grabbed some Doritos before making his way back to the living room area, where the two were still yelling at each other.

"This'll be a bit interesting I guess," Robin thought, considering their previous arguments.

He was wrong. The boy tensed up when he heard the very words that would throw the speedster over the edge.

"At least I wasn't some experiment! I bet you can't do anything without your powers! The Flash probably didn't even want you as a sidekick!" Artemis taunted, not knowing how much it'd affect the red-head. 

"I'm surprised Robin stuck with you, considering you're always blabbing non-stop about stuff nobody cares about." She jeered.

Suddenly, the air in the mountain seemed to have changed. The rest of the team entered the room cautiously, wanting to know what the cause of this change was. Seeing Wally, they were startled to see how angry he was. 

Robin shoved his Doritos aside. He was about to head towards Wally, to stop him from doing anything rash, when he saw the other slowly approach the blonde with an obviously fake smile.

Everyone took a step back on instinct, except for Robin, who just stood there not knowing what reckless act the Speedster will do. Whenever the red-head got this furious, practically nothing can stop him.. He becomes completely unpredictable!

Artemis just stood there, surprised by the sudden change.

Wally whispered into the blonde's ear.

"At least I didn't lie about who I was."

He took a step back and showed her yet another smile. It looked so innocent.

"How's your dad? What about your sister? Haven't seen them around lately." The boy casually brought up.

Artemis's eyes widened as she just stared, not knowing how to react. What she did know, though, was a threat when she hears one. His message had been received.

With those words, the speedster left the room.

Robin, able to read mouths, knew what had happened. 

He quickly scribbled something onto his notepad and gave it to the still shocked girl.

"Some lines are never meant to be crossed and some buttons are never meant to be pushed." the note read before Robin faced the rest of the team.

He held up a slip of paper, with words written in big letters so that they could see.

"Sorry about that. Wally didn't mean to worry anyone."

Then, Robin turned and headed in the direction of Wally's room.

Kaldur, usually respecting others' privacy, was worried about the exchange between his two teammates. He turned to Conner and asked him what Wally had said to Artemis.

"I.." Superboy looked confused when he finally spoke again, "I didn't hear what he said." 

Kaldur and M'Gann exchanged confused looks before they turned to the archer.

"Artemis?" M'Gann asked as gently as she could.

"Huh? What?" Artemis seemed to have finally snapped out of her stupor.

"What did Wally say to you?" Conner cut in, wanting to know what he hadn't been able to hear.

"He.. uh.." Artemis quickly thought something up, "He was wondering if my family was ok since he hadn't seen them recently."

"Well, we heard that part." M'Gann stated, "We meant, what did he whisper to you?"

"He said.. umm.. That he'd like me to say sorry to them 'cause of that one time he met them on the streets and scared them with questions of me and comments on how familiar they looked." Artemis said, hoping that actually made sense. (Did that make sense? It did to me but maybe it didn't.. )

"Oh." M'Gann commented as Conner looked a bit pissed off that the one thing his hearing couldn't pick up was something so stupid.

Kaldur looked unconvinced and asked, "What were you two arguing about earlier?"

Artemis gave him a truthful answer this time, "I don't actually remember.."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Okie dokie! One-Shot completo! Hope it was ok, it has been awhile afterall. 

Thanks for reading!