Chapter 5: Infiltrator

Resting his head on his desk, Wally groaned. He was in school while the team was enjoying a day at the beach. The clock ticked by all too slowly for his liking.

"I miss him," he sulked.

 He was snapped out of his thoughts when the bell finally rang. 

"Finally!"

He rushed out as quick as humanly possible and made his way to the zetatube.

-SKIP-

"Recognized: Kid Flash B-03"

"The Wall-Man is here!" 

Immediately, he found himself tripping and landing on the floor. This cause everyone to turn towards him. 

"Great. Vibe ruined," he inwardly sighed. Everyone was in uniform he realized after he stood up. "Why was Red Tornado, Batman, and Green Arrow here? Along with some girl?" 

"Wall-Man, huh? I love the uniform. What exactly are your powers?" the girl asked, kind of snarky. 

She was already on his bad side. 

"Uh... Who's this?" He asked. 

"I'm Artemis, your new teammate," she stated smugly. 

"Kid Flash; never heard of you," he replied flatly. 

"Um," Green Arrow cut in, "She's my new protégé." 

"Wha-what happened to your old one!?" KF panicked.

"Recognized: Speedy B-06"

Wow, speak of the devil... 

"Well for starters, he doesn't go by Speedy anymore. Call me Red Arrow." 

"Roy? You look-" Green Arrow began before he was cut off, "Replaceable." 

"It's not like that! You told me you were going solo," Green Arrow tried. 

"So why waste time finding a sub. Does she even know how to use that bow?" Red Arrow exclaimed in annoyance.

"Yes. She can," Artemis cut in. 

"Who are you?!" Wally asked. 

"I'm his niece" and "She's my niece" were said simultaneously.

"Another niece?" Robin thought with a smirk on his face. How interesting.

"She is not your replacement. We have always wanted you on the team and we have no quota on archers," Aqualad stated with a small smile. 

"If we did, you know who we'd pick," Wally said.

"Whatever Baywatch; I'm here to stay," Artemis smirked. 

Ignoring her, Aqualad turned to Red Arrow, "You came to us for a reason." 

"Yeah. A reason named Dr. Serling Roquette," Red Arrow answered as Robin's eyes widened.

Pulling up his gloves' holoscreen with a grin, he started typing on the screen before holoscreens quickly surrounded everyone; all containing information on Dr. Roquette.

"Abducted two weeks ago by," Roy agreed, looking at Robin. 

"Great, even Roy has silent conversations with Robin," the team inwardly thought. 

Ignoring the looks, Red Arrow continued, "By the League of Shadows." He started to explain what was called "the Fog" and "infiltrators."

"Perfect for extortion, manipulation, power broking... Yeah, sounds like the Shadows," Artemis muttered bitterly.