Chapter 7: Downtime

"I need to talk to Aqualad," Batman stated, "The rest of you, hit the showers and head home."

The team had just come back from a fight against Clayface. The fight hadn't gone well and Batman had to come save them. Everyone was in a bad mood.

"Head home? I am home." Superboy stated.

Robin and Aqualad had approached Batman.

"Just," Batman began, emphasizing the just, "Aqualad."

Aqualad and Robin shared a look before Robin walked away.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Superboy was sitting on the couch in the "living room area" as M'Gann was reading a cook book. She glanced up and looked at Superboy.

"Would you like me to turn that on?"

Superboy had been watching static. The TV had the words "No Signal" on it.

"No." Superboy answered.

M'Gann was a little confused but she quickly shrugged it off.

"Well, would you like to help me make dinner?" She asked him.

"No." Superboy replied again, though he contradicted his answer by getting off the sofa and heading towards her.

M'Gann smiled, glad. She then went to work, getting out the ingredients she needed using her telekinesis. Superboy caught them as they flew his way. She subconsciously sped up as she went down the list. She then heard a clattering noise. She turned around to see Superboy with a bowl on his head and drenched in milk, along with some tomato stains. He was holding the milk carton.

"Oops," M'Gann grabbed a towel and rushed over to him, "I'm so sorry! I should have paid more attention. It was too much at once, too much at once." She started to ramble as she apologetically tried to wipe the stains off of him.

"Hello, Megan! That's so me." She trailed off as Superboy and her stared at each other.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Red Tornado walked into the "living room area" (the "kitchen area" was kinda connected to it) to see M'Gann cutting onions at the counter. He could tell something was spilled on the edge of said counter. He turned his head to look at the "living room area." He saw Superboy sitting on the sofa, drenched in milk, staring at the TV with nothing but static on it. Red Tornado glanced back at M'Gann before turning around and headed back out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robin was out of uniform. He was at his house, er, mansion. Right now, he's Richard "Dick" Grayson. That didn't mean he couldn't think about what happened when he was Robin.

Dick was in the small gym room. He was practicing on the rings.

"Just Aqualad." Robin thought, upset.

He did a backflip and landed on some sort of balance beam, before he lost his balance and fell backwards. he recovered quickly and did another backflip to prevent from breaking his neck. He did, however, bump into a wall. He frowned and punched the wall, creating a crater in it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alfred Pennyworth, the mansion's butler (though he was more of a grandfather and a friend), walked into the gym room as Dick took a sip out of his water bottle, taking a break, and told him that "Master Bruce" wished to see him.