Chapter 1: Independence Day

Screaming, so much screaming. People ran from the park as Freeze pulled the trigger on his gun.

"Ok, granted, if I were them, I'd be running too," Robin thought.

Before the gun could fire though, a batarang was launched at it, causing the villain to lose his grip. Cackling, Robin threw his own set of birdarangs. "Good thing I'm not them or I'd be missing out on the fun."

"Oh, the Boy Wonder," Freeze began with a drawl, "The Bat sent you to drag me off to prison. Frankly, I'm underwhelmed."

Robin frowned at him. Villains sure had a thing for talking, huh? He tsked. Not to be rude or anything, but there's no way he was sitting through the evil monologue because he was going to be late.

Noticing his impatience, Freeze spoke again, "Kids; always in such a rush."

Robin just smirked, pointing behind the villain. Before he could fully turn, Batman had leapt into the air and knocked him out with a punch that shattered his helmet.

As Batman stood up straight, Robin grinned as he signed, "Little extra, don't you think?" Which earned him an unamused stare.

-SKIP-

"Today's the day," Batman said, looking down at Robin proudly as everyone stood in front of a building.

"Well, it would be everyone if-" Robin's thought process was cut short when a loud voice caught everyone's attention.

"Aw man! I knew we'd be the last ones here!"

Cameras flashed (yes, the puns stay even in the rework) as everyone started heading into the Hall of Justice. Kid Flash was sulking a little at their late arrival, earning him a sympathetic smile from Robin as they started trailing into the building. Kid Flash offered a small one back before opening his mouth excitedly.

"Have all four sidekicks ever been in the same place at the same time?"

Oh boy, here we go again-
Speedy cut in, irritation clear in his voice, "Don't call us sidekicks! Not after today."

Robin gave KF a look. They went through this every time.

The speedster gave a sheepish smile and put his hands up in mock-surrender, "Sorry, first time in the Hall, I'm a little overwhelmed."

Robin signed to Kid Flash rather quickly, "You're overwhelmed, Freeze was underwhelmed! Why isn't anyone ever just whelmed?" He wasn't at all asperated.

Now it was KF's turn to give a look. The speedster huffed a small chuckle as they finally made it into the building. Getting a good look around, Robin's eyes widened in awe. "Maybe that's why."

They shared a grin before high fiving.

-SKIP-

"What a drama queen," Robin thought as he watched Roy storm out. He tuned back in right as Aqualad cautiously asked, "What is.. 'Project Cadmus?'"

The youngest took a second, before smirking and turning towards the computer. As he typed, a robotic female voice declared, "Access Denied." He rolled his eyes before continuing to type.

"One more key and-"

"Access Granted."

-SKIP-

"Flash Boy?!" KF huffed as the firefighter walked away.

"We can't just rush in, we need a plan-" Aqualad turned to find Robin grapple his way over to the speedster.

Robin helped KF into a room before smacking the back of his head, earning an offended "hey!" He raised an eyebrow at the other before working on the computers.

"Alright, that's a my bad, I'll admit," he got lightly elbowed, "Ok! I'll be more careful; quit attacking me!"

Aqualad finally caught up to them, entering the room with a sarcastic, "Thanks for the assist," which was relatively ignored as they spotted a strange figure around the corner before it disappeared towards the elevator.

When KF started to take a step forward, he was stopped by a hand. Robin headed towards the elevator first, pausing just in front of it. He pushed the bottom button twice before scanning the elevator with his wrist projector. As Aqualad pushed the doors open, Robin shot his grappling hook up and jumped. The atlantean glanced at the speedster incredulously, but the other just shrugged and jumped as well.

-SKIP-

The three found a pod labeled "Kr." When they tried to open it, they found themselves attacked by the clone that was inside. Robin was the first to be knocked out, having been the closest, before the other two followed soon afterwards.