16: Grim Reaper

I stood in the crowd of people. Everyone chatted amongst each other, laughing, smiling. I just kept looking around the room, seeing what I could find. I peered up to the balcony as men in suits stood strong by the railing. I counted them as a waiter walked by with champagne on a tray. I quickly grabbed a glass and turned back around into the crowd.

"Only five guards above." I said into the communicator as I held the drink in front of my mouth. I looked around the room again as I noticed a few men looking out of place, "About five on the floor as well."

"Where's the target?" Bucky asked into the earpiece. I walked to the bar and shifted my eyes around the room. My eyes focused on a man standing with a group of people around him. I tilted my body around so the camera could focus on him.

"On my six." I said and quickly leaned back against the bar.

"What are you waiting for." Bucky replied simply. I scoffed and took another sip of my drink.

"Easy soldier, there's a dance to these things." I replied. I glared ahead of me as I watched the bartender moved across the bar. I sighed as I finished my drink and set it down. I turned back around and I watched the man continued to impress the group around him.

"According to the scan, the keycard is in his front jacket pocket." Bucky said suddenly. The bartender set down another drink for me, placing a napkin under it. I grabbed both and held it tightly in my hand. I nodded to myself as I began to move across the room.

I avoided eyesight with anyone and everyone. I took one last deep breath before making the typical move anyone would make. I got closer to Eric as the group began to move away from him. His back was turned to me. I held my drink out in front of me as he quickly turned around. His chest bumped into my drink, spilling it onto him.

"Oh no!" I acted concerningly. I quickly took the napkin from under the drink and began wiping it on his coat, "I'm so so sorry." I felt the key card in the pocket and began to dab the napkin on top of it. I quickly shifted my fingers softly into his pocket and grabbed the key card. I hid it behind the napkin as I pulled away.

Eric just chuckled to himself as he looked down, "Perfectly okay. Nothing some simple dry-cleaning wont fix." I pressed the napkin to my chest as I slowly shifted the key card into my bra. Eric looked up at me, a small smile growing on his face.

"I don't think we've met, Eric Williams." He said with a charming smirk. I gave him a playful smile as he held his hand out. I looked down at it before looking back up and taking it into mine.

"Emilia Jones." I lied. He lifted it up slowly to his lips, placing a soft kiss on my knuckles. I let out a cut giggle as I looked away. I could hear Bucky clearing his throat annoyingly in the coms. I just smiled again as I looked back to Eric.

"Mr. Williams they're ready." A person came up to him as he let go of my hand. Eric quickly nodded to him before turning back.

"Never get a second alone." He said to me. "Listen, have a drink. Enjoy the party, and I'll look for you later so we can discuss the...dry cleaning." He began to walk backwards as another smirk landed on his face. I let out so soft chuckle as I shifted nervously in my stance.

"I'll be waiting." I said flirtatiously. He turned around and began walking away. He did one last look back. I just continued to smile as he disappeared into the crowd. My face dropped back to my usual scowl as I began to move through the crowd behind me.

"Was that really necessary?" Bucky asked. I rolled my eyes as I grabbed another drink from a passing waiter.

"You're oddly chatty today. I told you there was a dance to these things. I got the keycard now stop your complaining and tell me where I need to go." I answered back. I heard a slight sigh as he hit a few key strokes.