20: Escape

"We have to wipe as much as we can now. She can't remember who the Winter Soldier is or anything about the Winter Soldier program."

I sat in a large chair. My body was tilted back. I had a mouth guard shoved into my mouth keeping me from grinding my teeth. Sweat was dripping down my face from the fear. I had avoided this. I did everything they asked me to so this wouldn't happen. I knew I messed up phasing out to Florida, but they had tortured me for that. Why are they doing this now? I felt the large metal lower around my head. I began to hyperventilate. I didn't want this to happen. I don't want to forget.

I screamed in pain as the electrical currents sent shock waves into my brain. I could feel myself slipping little by little. My screams continued to echo around the room. I felt like I was in that moment for days though it had only been a few minutes. The currents stopped however the pain in my head did not. I was forced to sit up. My body felt limp and weak. It was hard to keep my head up. I shifted my eyes to a man in front of me. His face was covered with a mask. His eyes hidden with a pair of black goggles. The only distinctive feature was the silver metal arm.

He made his his hands into fists and clutched tightly. I felt my head dangle as I stared at him. He seemed familiar. The Winter Soldier I think is what they called him? But that wasn't all...was it? I closed my eyes as the pain in my head continued. It hurt. It all hurt so badly.

"Sir, the Avengers have broken in." A voice spoke. The Avengers? That sounded familiar.

My eyes shifted around the room as the ringing in my ears became louder. People moved around franticly. Something was happening. I tried to open my mouth and speak but my mouth felt so dry. I looked back up to the Winter Soldier as he began to moved around the room. One by one I watched the people around us fall to the ground. My eyes wouldn't focus. Every time I tried the images would blur.

The room fell silent as I looked back up at him. He stood in front of me just staring. Why? I felt hands wrap around my waist. My body lifted from the chair and into someone's arms. I looked up as the Winter Soldier carried me out of the room.

"I've got you doll." He spoke quietly. Doll? That triggered something in my head. My heart warmed up a bit. Why?

He held me with his metal arm as he carried a gun in the other. I tried to lift my hands, my body, anything. I felt my entire body went limp. I continued to stare as he moved of out of the room. Pausing every now and then before moving more. I tried to keep my focus but my eyes grew more and more heavy. I could see a slight glimmer of blue peaking from behind the goggles before everything went black.

BUCKY

I held tightly onto Layla as I moved us out of the base. This was enough chaos to get her out. Enough to help her finally escape. I quickly stopped and pressed my body against a wall as Hydra agents ran through the hallway in front of me. They began to yell as they moved quickly. I held her tightly as I watched waiting for them to disappear. I looked down at Layla as she slept quietly in my arms.

I took a deep breath before moving again. They wiped her memories, so she was going to be out for a while. I ran quickly before making my way into a tunnel. The lights flickered above me barely illuminating it. I stopped at the end of it and paused for a second. The door in front of me was closed, and I didn't know the passcode. My breathing became heavy as I tried to think of another route. I wasn't allowed out much so I didn't know the layout fully.

I heard someone step behind me slowly. I quickly turned my head and held my gun up in front of me. A large red and gold iron suit quickly lifted his hands up in front of him. I recognized him immediately. He was one of the main enemies on Hydras list. Tony Stark aka Iron Man.