49: The Truth

The video continued playing as we all stood in silence. I turned to Bucky. My breathing had stopped. The pain I felt was showing on my face. Bucky just looked away from me shamefully. I turned to Tony who's eyes hadn't left the screen. Steve just looked between us nervously.

I looked back watching the rest of the events play out. I could hear Maria Stark call out to her husband. Her voice shaking. Bucky began to punch Howard in the face, killing him with the intense impact of his metal fist. The tears began to set in my eyes as he placed him back into the car, before heading to Maria's side. Her cries filled my ears as Bucky choked her.

There was a second of silence in the video as Bucky walked up to the street camera recording everything. He stared up at it, showing the lifeless eyes of the Winter Soldier. He lifted the gun up, the sound of it going off filled the silence. Then the video cut off.

Tony stood there silently as he processed what he just saw. I looked up at him noticing the anger on his face began to build. He looked over at me, noticing the tears and the horror in my eyes. We stood there together processing what we just saw.

Tony broke the silence with a sudden move. I walked back, drawing my gun up. Steve pulled him back as well. Tony just stared at me, the anger setting in. My gun shook in my hands as the tears fell down my face.

I was crying because I was feeling the hurt Tony did. Howard was close to all of us. To see that Bucky was the reason he was dead, the reason Tony lost his parents that night. It broke me. However, it wasn't Bucky. It was the Winter Soldier. His mind brainwashed by Hydra. It hurt me to know, me holding this gun up to Tony, defending Bucky...it would be end of the relationship between Tony and I.

My lip quivered as Tony's face glared at me. He tilted his head, the pain setting in from me stopping him from getting to Bucky. Tony turned to Steve, pulling his arm away from him. He looked up down, still processing before looking up at steve with a stern look.

"Did you know?" Tony asked him quietly.

"I didn't know it was him." Steve answered quickly.

"Dont bullshit me, Rogers." Tony's voice became raspy in anger, "Did you know?"

Steve looked at me, his eyes locking with mine. I could see the shame setting in. I shook my head slightly realizing what he was about to say.

"Yes." Steve whispered.

The tears fell more as Tony pushed Steve away from him. We all stood there, not daring to say another word. Tony just looked down, glaring daggers into floor. In a swift motion, Tony's helmet fell back over his face. At the same time he swiped his arm against Steve knocking him back.

I felt Bucky's arm pull on my shirt, forcing me back behind him. Tony whipped around at the same time as Bucky lifted his gun. Before he could shoot it Tony blasted it out of Bucky's hand. I ran in-between them, holding tightly to Tony's armored fist.