41: The Search

A/N: Sorry for the late post. Your girl got a new job this past week and I've been busy trying to situate my schedule.  Posting will go back to normal soon. Just not sure what days it will be yet.

⍟⍟⍟

I stood in a small room on the top floor of an apartment building. I looked out the window and down at the busy streets of down town London. Lifting a cup of coffee towards my mouth I watched as People walked the sidewalks quickly unaware of anything. This was my third month in London. Before was Russia. Even before that was Japan. I had been jumping from country to country looking for one thing.

I turned and stared at the files scattered on the table beside me. Each one a different country written on them. I opened the one that read "London". Inside of it were a couple of blurry pictures. Each one of them looked like Bucky. I had been searching for him for almost a year and a half. Each lead came to a dead end.

My phone let out a small "ding". I grabbed my phone and noticed text message with an attachment. I flicked the phone as a holographic picture appeared in front of me. I lifted the cup back up to my mouth as a blue circle swirled in front of me. Before I could take a sip the picture loaded. It was the clearest picture of Bucky I had seen in the past year.

I set the cup down as I looked at it closely. This time he was in normal attire. Black jean jacket. Brown hoodie. Red shirt with a black under shirt. A black cap slightly covered his face. However his blue eyes shined through clearly. He looked a little disheveled. His beard growing though from not shaving in a while.

"Friday connect me to Rogers." I said simply. The grabbed the phone and began texting the image to Steve. The phone rang on speaker before a small click could be heard.

"Whatcha got Layla?" I heard a familiar voice speak from the other end.

"Another photo sent in from my informant." I spoke back, "Just sent it to you." I heard a faint ding from the other end. I listened as Steve shuffle a bit before bringing the phone back to his ear.

"This is the clearest photo I've gotten in the past year." I began talking again. My eyes didn't move away from the photo.

"Where's it at?" Steve asked. I picked up my cup and moved around the room. I scanned the picture slowly as I stared at the background. Simple buildings. All looking the same. Thankfully there was a tall blurry tower with a large clock in the middle.

"Here in London." I gave out a slight sigh.

"Be cautious. We still don't know if Hydra caught up with him." Steve said concerningly.

"Don't worry I have help." I chuckled back. I heard a slight scoff as we both fell silent.

"Did the information I sent you about Rumlow help?" I asked taking a sip of coffee.

"In Lagos now. Waiting for his move." Steve answered. I smiled a sad smile. I knew he was with Natasha, Sam, and the new recruit, Wanda. Steve, Sam and I were originally looking for Bucky together. However, Rumlow had began popping up. So Steve decided to take them, leaving me to look for Bucky. The four of them had been together doing odd jobs and cleaning up loose ends with Hydra. I wanted to be there to help. I'd been away from everyone for too long.

"Is that Layla?" I heard the faint voice of Sam on the other line, "Connect me in." I could hear the small excitement in his tone. Steve chuckled as another click could be heard.

"Hey there Spooky." Sam said. I could see his smirk all the way from here. I leaned against the kitchen counter looked back out the window.

"You miss me yet, Birdie?" I asked a small smile landing on my face. I crossed my hands over my chest. I missed them. I missed both of my friends.