32: Memories

My body began to shake as his familiar blue eyes locked back on to me. He face held an angry scowl as stood back up fully. I couldn't breath. My mind was racing as Steve and I both stared in shock.

I was right. He was alive.

"Bucky?" Steve called out his voice shaking a little bit. Bucky's expression softened a bit and turned into one of confusion. He broke his eyes away from mine and looked at Steve.

"She said that name before? Who is Bucky?" He asked. He looked concerned as he shifted his eyes back to mine.

Bucky?

Who the hell is Bucky?

The pain in my head completely took over. I fell to the ground as a shrill scream escaped my mouth. My brain felt as if it was going to explode. The memories were coming back. Everything all at once. My Hydra capture. Them showing me who the Winter Soldier was so I would comply. Our missions. Him remembering. The warnings. Everything came back.

Steve ran to my side and helped me up. I continued to scream as more memories flooded in. He helped break me out of the Hydra base. He was supposed to escape with me. My breathing became heavy as I looked back up to Bucky. His eyes shifted as if he was beginning to remember to. I watched as he lifted his hand up and began to walk towards us.

The pain began to subside in my head as he stopped moving. He looked confused. Worried. His hand shook unsure if he should get closer. Before any of us could make another move a whizzing sound flew past Steve and I. I watched as a grenade hit the car by Bucky causing a large explosion.

"No!" I yelled trying to run forward. I felt Steve's grip tighten around me, keeping me back. The car flipped and the fire subsided. I stared at the spot where Bucky stood. He had already disappeared. I fell back to my knees as I stared at the smoke lifting into the air.

Tears began to well up into my eyes. I was right. This whole time I was right. I didn't know what to do. I needed to find him again. See him again. 

Sirens filled the silence as blacked out police cars surrounded us. My focus didn't leave the spot Bucky was standing at though. Many agents surround us with their guns drawn. I felt Steve shake me a bit before letting go and lifting his hands into the air. I broke out of my trance and looked around. There was no getting out of here. At least thirty agents were around us.

All of them yelled with their guns drawn at us. One by one they placed cuffs around our wrists and dragged us all into an armored truck. 

They could arrest me. I could care less. My mind was on Bucky.

I sat by Steve as we all sat in silence. Steve began to talk through what happened. As if not believing he saw Bucky. I stared at the ground below me as the truck tussled my body around slightly.

"He looked right at me like he didn't even know me." Steve said. He sounded so sad.

"That would be the memory suppression Hydra does." I mumbled.

"How is that even possible? It was, like, seventy years ago." Sam asked.

"When him and his unit were captured in '43, he was tested and injected with Zola's version of the serum. Which helped him survive the fall. Soviets found him. Gave him to Hydra. Hydra wiped his memory and He's been in and out of cryostasis since then. Being woken up to do whatever dirty deed they need him to. " I answered.

I groaned again and tilted my head back against the wall behind me. The pain in my head began to emerge again before slowly subsiding. Steve head turned to me with a concerning look. I shut my eyes tightly before opening them again.