42: The Sokovia Accords

✪✪✪

✪✪✪

I stared as Starks name lit up my phone. This probably wasn't going to be good. I quickly grabbed the phone and tilted it a bit. A holographic screen appeared in front of me. Tony sat in the screen staring at me. He was in his normal black suit looking dapper as always. Probably returning from his presentation at MIT.

"Well don't you look.." He trailed off as he tilted his head and squinted at me, "Well honestly you look like shit." He showed a quick smile. The fake one he gives when he wants to be an asshole. I crossed my arms over my chest and glared at him. I watched as his eyes shifted away and towards Aiden.

"Ah hello, Aiden." Tony said giving him a true genuine smile. Aiden shifted nervously before nodding his head.

"Good to see you Mister Stark." He said politely. Starks nodded in amusement before his smile grew even bigger. It dropped the second his eyes shifted back to me. We sat in silence as Aiden began to feel awkward. I felt a hand pat my back.

"I'm heading out. Get some rest." Aiden said. I rolled my head over to stare at him as he grabbed his stuff. I gave him a small smile as he grabbed my shoulder and gave it a slight squeeze. Aiden walked out the door shutting it behind him. I rolled my head back to Tony as he stared at the door.

"Sweet boy. You're age right?" Tony asked. I glared knowing what he was hinting at. I sighed deeply as I bit my tongue.

"Maybe." I said simply. Tony nodded before walking around the room he was in, the camera following him.

"Hey I'm just saying. Maybe better the someone whos over a hund-"

"What do you want Tony." I cut him off. He stopped walking. He looked down at the ground before turning back to me.

"Its time to come home, kid." He said simply. I scoffed and rolled my eyes as he continued, "Hey, I gave you two years. I let you run off and do what you needed to do. Go where you needed to go. Hell, I even funded it. Its been long enough. Come home."

I shook my head and looked back over at the tv. The news coverage continued over the situation the team was in.

"Does this have to do with what happened in Lagos?" I asked. My heard turned back to him. He nodded his head slightly. He held onto his hands behind his back and stood tall.

"It has to do with everything. I think its time we had a team meeting." Tony answered. I looked away and stared out of the window. If I come home then I probably wont be coming back here for a while. I could let Aiden run things a bit, but with me gone what could he do. I sighed and shook my head before looking back at Tony.

"Okay." I said softly. "I'll book the earliest flight I can." Tony smiled softly. This time a true kind smile towards me. I know he could get on my nerves sometimes but most of the time it was because he cared. Most of the time.