18: A Plan

A/N: Hi everyone! An extra chapter this week! I had already written most of this part out so I figured I'd post it now for yall instead of waiting. Hope you enjoy!

I walked quickly out of the kitchen and towards a door by the staircase. Bucky followed behind me as I opened the door. I looked inside of it. It was just a simple coat closet. Old dusty clothes hung neatly inside.

"Its just a closet." Bucky finally spoke. I looked through the closet, shifting my hands through the clothes. I pushed my hands farther in and glided them against the wall. My hand hit a rigid block that stuck out from the rest. I pushed into it. Within seconds the back wall began to move and open. A staircase lead into a secret corridor.

"A hidden door." I raised my eyebrows and smirked. Bucky looked around as the door finished moving. He let out a quick breath, looking impressed. We both walked down the dark staircase before stopping at a metal door. I looked at the keypad by the door. I placed my hand onto the pad. A light flashed once more before a voice spoke.

"Code required." It said.

I took in a sharp breath. It had been years since I had been to this house. There could be anything my parents used as a code. I began pressing what combinations I could think off. My parents anniversary, their birthdays, the year they joined shield. Everything left me with a loud beep and a red panel.

I scrunched my face. Raking my mind into any other possibility. I finally found one last combo I could. I pressed the buttons one by one. Typing out the year I was born. The panel immediately turned green.

"Welcome back, Agent Black." The voice spoke finally. I let out a sigh of relief as the doors began to open. I began to walk in. Lights flickered on one by one. I looked around the room. It was simple. White walls, a few cabinets against the wall. A single table sat in the middle with an old computer on top.

Bucky looked around the room, his mouth open in shock. "What is this place?"

I quickly moved into the room. I began to open a few drawers hoping to find something. Most of the drawers filled with random files, and blueprints. "Its my dads old office." I moved over to the cabinets, "He used to sneak down here during our vacations."

I paused as the memories came back once more. I missed my parents. However, my father was obsessed with is work. Always coming down here when he could. I turned around as Bucky just stared at me. I gave him a small smile.

"I would try to stop him when he would try to come down here. Asking him to play with me. He'd always respond 'Next time...this time its a promise.' Never actually stuck to it." I sighed. Bucky nodded. He returned the sad smile to me. I could tell he remembered a bit about me talking about my dad. I took in a sharp breath. Trying to refocus myself.

I turned around and began searching through another cabinet. I reached the last drawer and noticed a small square looking tech. "Aha!" I quickly grabbed it and pulled it out. I turned around as I wiped the dust off of it. I flipped it around in my hand. It was a small item. Nothing much to it.

I held it out in front of Bucky with a smile on my face. Bucky looked down at it with a bit of confusion. He looked back up to me, not understanding.

"What is it?" He asked.

"Its a tracker. An old one but..." I said simply. I placed into my pocket and ran back up the stairs. I came back into the kitchen and looked around it. "This small thing will let Shield know where I'm at. However..."

"You wont be able to sneak any tech into the facility." Bucky replied back.

"Exactly." I replied back. I took a deep breath and looked up at the fridge. My parents kept the generic alphabet magnets on the fridge, along with many postcards from the places they went to on missions. "We cant phase out now. They already grabbed me a Shield, and they'll just keep coming back. Especially if we're both gone." I began to shift some letters around on each postcard. Changing it up a bit, "You're still a Hydra sleeper agent. So if I bring you back with Hydra still filtering its way into Shield..."