leaving

Dad and I took Aurora to the Lafayette Cemetery

she wakes with a gasp seeing us both smiling at her

"Welcome back to the real world, love" dad says "I thought we might revisit our chat about what hurts and what does not"

she rushes us but is stopped by my barrier

"Revenge for burying me alive" I smirk "I'm getting good at this magic thing don't you think"

dad takes a brick and puts it on the wall

"Ohh" she growls "What are you doing"

"You made me realize today what a monster I've been..." dad hums putting another brick "And I am sorry that I didn't do this sooner"

more bricks

"You can't just leave me here"

dad's face becomes real cold "I had the right idea when I bricked up your portrait. Behind walls is where you belong"

"Then just kill me! please, Nik! Just kill me"

I chuckle "fitting your brother is rotting with the fishes when he tried to drown me and you are going to play with the worms for your burying me"

dad grabs my hand and we walk away hearing her sob the whole way

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stefan is outside when we walk out

"So...the spell worked. We survived. I save you, and you saved me. Funny how that works, isn't it?"

dad smirks

"I'd be happy th let this be the end. Am I too optimistic in think we'll never see each other again"

"I hope that too" I groan

"That depends" dad shrugs "Are you going to do the right thing?"

oh dear god this is not about Caroline is it

"By whom? I assume you don't mean my brother"

it is

"By her"

my eyes roll "Bye bunny muncher" then I walk away to let them talk about the blonde

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been catching up with some reading for a couple days in the library but then I walk into dad's room to see Kol

"This family is so weird" I groan "How did you come back to life this time Kol?"

Kol's lips turn into a small smile "Little Niklaus"

my eyes roll

Elijah walks in "Well, isn't this the welcome home. Already at the mercy of Niklaus, and just in time to help the rest of us clean up his mess. Do you miss being dead yet?"

dad walks in with a goblet of what smelled like blood

"Keep up you ceaseless wining, and I'm sure he will" then hold the goblet to him "Here"

his eyes widen

"I compelled the housekeeper"

he just stare at the cup

"Okay, Kol's back from the dead and now he's being weird" I mumble "Why was I born into this? Why couldn't I be born into a normal family?"

"A blood bag is fine" Kol says "I'm meant to be off the fresh stuff"

dad smiles "Attempting to be a better man for your girlfriend"

Kol gives a look

"I'd rather be with that girlfriend, but since your enemies have returned seeking vengeance, I suppose they ought to be murdered. So remind me, who is this Cortez"

I groan "There's another person after this family? Jesus can there not be two days where one of your enemies don't pop out and try to kill us?"

"Well, you can go back to your reading if you want" dad snarks then turns back to Kol "His family decimated Belaga"

Kol groans "Ugh! Belaga. This place was hideous"

Elijah looks smug now

"Thank you, Kol!"

dad looks between them both "No taste. Either of you!"

I look between them all "I'm going back to my reading now, fucking weirdo's"

they all glare at me

with a shrug I leave the room

---------------------------------------------------------------------

dad walks in the room "Pack a bag. Hayley, Hope, you, and I are leaving to many enemies"

I blink and hurry packing a bag

"I trust you've said your goodbyes" dad says as we walk out the door

"Something like that" Hayley whispers

dad looks sad "We may be gone for quite some time"

"It's worth it to keep Hope from what's coming. Besides, there's nothing here for me anymore"

dad grabs my shoulder "Well, then...perhaps we have more in common than we thought" he looks at me "What do you think about leaving?"

I wave to Freya who waves back sadly

"Anything to save Hope. Isn't that what it's about?"

we all get in the car

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hayley walks out of the gas station with a bag of stuff. She shows dad a hat that says Mother Trucker

a smile comes to my face

"Absolutely not"

Hayley's eyes brow furrows "We need to blend in! You could start by losing the thousand-dollar jacket" she looks at me "And you need to lose the apple-watch and we need to pick up different shoes because you can not keep wearing those seven hundred dollar Fendi sneakers"

um....I am not wearing no twenty dollar shoes

she laughs "You two are making the same face"

"Tell me again why we're on a scenic tour of Methamphetamine Country, and not compelling a jet to some far-off-- preferably tropical-- destination?"

I point at him

"Look, I'm not the one with an army of pissed-off vampires coming after me. Can I have the keys"

dad and I both sigh as he slams the keys in her hand

"On a scale from one to ten, exactly how much am I going to despise this little plan of yours?"

Hayley makes a face "I would say...a solid eighty-five"

she smiles at slaps the hat on him

I start laughing loudly

he frowns at me "I'm burning those shoes.....the shoes you love so much"

that makes me frown "Well, don't count on me to save you any time soon"

"For shoes?"

"They're Fendi" I whisper shout

----------------------------------------------------------------------------