22.

•Ace

I cant breathe . It's like someone sucked all the air in the world out .

9 hours earlier ...

I called Sophia but got no answer. I called her again and she picked up this time .
Silence . I guess i'll have to start .

" You ok ?"

" Mhm ."

" Still mad ?"

" Yup ."

" Did your brother call ?"

" Ya . I'm going out tonight."

" Me and Greg won't be done till late but we'll meet you there . Mason coming ?"

" No none of you are . Me, Lorenzo and Michael."

" You get to see him that's great . Anyway i better go call me if you need me ."

" Bye ."

I hung up and threw my phone onto the back seat .

" Why act calm on the phone if you're not ."

" Greg she's already so angry with me . Mason said she told him ' if her working for me affects our relationship so much why am i with her '."

" Two months ago if someone told me you would be stressing over girl troubles i'd laugh in their face ."

" I know ."

We finished up a couple hours later and went home . That's when everything went down hill .

• sophia

We had been fighting about me working . How did a petty argument turn to this .
Nothing will ever be the same .

4 hours earlier .

Ace and Greg are back but i'm still getting ready . Michael is picking me up and we're meeting Lorenzo there .

I just went with a simple black dress . I heard Michael come in and chatter downstairs.
Then Ace came up the stairs and into my room .

" I'm really not in the mood Ace . I don't want my brother knowing we're fighting ."

" Sophia he's already pissed . He's been here three seconds and i already don't like this guy ."

" Oh my god ! Ace you cant control my life all the time . I need space . You're smothering me , i feel like i can't breathe ."

" I just want what's best for you ."

" No you want what you think is best for me . It's all about you ."

I walked out and down the stairs without turning back . Michael was waiting and yes i did notice he was quite smiley but that doesn't mean he was drinking .

I got a text from Ace .

A: I'm sorry . Have a great night you deserve a break

I ended up not answering because we pulled into the parking lot near the club.

A couple hours passed and it was nice being with my brother . Michael on the other hand was annoying me .

I learned he just got broken up with . Has taken up day drinking and has become a lot more touchy than i remember.

Moving his hands subtlety was not working . I said it to Lorenzo and he made an effort to try and get Michael to sober up a bit .

Lorenzo went to get water and i was on my phone . We were over by the wall near the entrance because it was so hot .