eight

"clay, this is alex and karl. karl, alex, this is clay." george introduced his friends to clay and he waved, forcing himself to not look so nervous.

"aye, clay, nice to finally meet ya!" alex said enthusaistically and clay tilted his head to look at george.

"finally meet me?" he echoed.

karl chimed in, "he talked about you a lot."

"and i'm guessing they were bad things," clay muttered and the smirk of george's face told him that he was correct. but, he couldn't say anything because he did the same.

"c'mon," george began, changing the subject. "let's get some food because i'm starving."

the rest of them all agreed eagerly and followed george inside the cafe.

the smell of coffee immediately filled clay's nose, strong, yes, but it also smelled pretty good. he could also smell other foods but he just couldn't tell what they were.

once they made it to the front of the line, each of them got their food and drinks.

clay got a cinnamon roll and iced coffee--because why the fuck not.

as they sat down and waited for their food, alex asked, "so, how did you two start... actually talking? like not cursing and shit like that."

george snorted but never said anything, when clay glanced over, he realized that they boy was waiting for him to explain.

"oh! um--uh, let's just say that i got really high with my friends and i decided to ride to the bridge and i saw george there--like i always ended up seeing him somewhere-- but anyways, he noticed how high he said i could go his house and... yeah."

"yeah?" karl raised his brows. "that's it?"

"what? did you expect--some amazing, more unnatural shit?"

"well, no, but weird how george let you into his house."

george rolled his eyes, flipping karl off and the table erupted with laughter from the rest of them, karl just sat there with a frown on his face, but his lips kept twitching upwards.

even as they got their food, they continued talking endlessly, and it was about the randomist shit. clay even forgot for a bit that this was the boy that he hated with a passion.

he still didn't like him, but he was better than clay thought.

"so," alex said as they walked out of the cafe and hopped onto their skateboards. "you guys going anything afterwards?"

all of them said 'no' and alex suggested, "wanna go to the skate park?"

clay shrugged a 'sure, why not', along with karl and george.

"and, clay," george added as they all rode in sync. "you can ask your friends if they wanna come."

agreeing, clay pulled out his phone and texted nick and punz, earning a 'sure' and 'meet you there'.

as the skate park came into view, clay pushed against the ground, speeding up his pace and rolling downhill and into the park. george, alex, and karl followed, spreading out to go to their wished ramps.

they were there for a good fifteen minutes before nick and punz appeared, rolling down towards them, but slowing as they saw who clay was with.

clay planted his foot on the ground in front of nick and punz and called the other boys over.

"punz, nick, this is george, alex, and karl and vice versa," clay introduced them.

nick frowned, "isn't george the ass who you hated?"

punz elbowed nick, george rolled his eyes, and karl snickered, "so he knows about mr. gogy as well, so clay did talk about george, and i'm guessing they weren't the nicest things in the world."

clay scowled, "yes, and i still don't like him."

george began rolling off and back towards the ramps. "the feeling's mutual, you asshole."

they were at the skate park for hours until clay checked his phone and it read '3:12pm'.

deciding it was time for them to seperate, clay's friend group and george's friend group exchanged numbers and agreed to meet up at some point again.

don't take it the wrong way, clay still didn't like george, and george still didn't like clay, but their friends seemed to like each other and they always teased the two.

clay had split with punz and nick about two minutes ago, and his way home was silent. right now, he honestly only wanted a shower and to sleep at the moment. his hair flew backwards, his foot thudded on the ground, he subconciously toyed with the piercing in his mouth.

finally, he made it home.