eighteen

bushes rustled and leafs shifted. clay spun, brows furrowing and slowly taking steps backwards.

but, alex stepped through, just as surprised to see clay standing there.

"oh!" the ravenette exclaimed. "hi! i didn't expect to see you here. whatcha doing here?"

clay shrugged and leaned back against a tree lazily. "dunno, just walking and trying to clear my head. you just scared the living shit outta me."

alex laughed, "sorry. but um.. if i can ask, what's on your mind?"

clay hestitated as he ran a hand over his face, pinching the bridge of his nose and he closed his eyes shut tightly. "agh, um, george, actually."

alex raised his brows, a silent urge to continue.

the blond groaned, throwing his head back. "goddamnit. i've fallen for him so fucking hard."

"oh really? i haven't noticed," alex said sarcastically.

clay frowned. "is it that noticeable?"

alex laughed. "to me and nick? yes, yes it is."

clay huffed. "well, it's noticeable--but i really don't care. 'cause i don't get the same feelings back--" alex opened his mouth --"nope, don't say anything, you know it's true."

the ravenette sighed and came beside to lean against the same tree as clay. "you guys always say 'the feeling's mutual', don't you? and i know very damn well that it's mutual here, clay."

the blond grit his teeth. "don't try and get my hopes up because i don't want to end up broken-hearted again, alex."

alex tilted his head. "again?"

clay cursed himself for letting that slip, but he told him. "i had another lover before, found him fucking someone else and when he saw that they were caught he made up a half-assed excuse about being drunk but he was clearly sober so... yeah, i'm a bit hestitant for another relationship or some shit... you're also the only person i've told... could you keep it like that?"

alex ran a hand down the blond's forearm. "fuck, sorry. but yeah, of course. and that fucker didn't deserve you anyway."

clay smiled. "thanks."

alex smiled back. "do you wanna get back now? so we don't stray so far and get lost."

clay looked around. "do you know the way back from here? 'cause i'm sure as shit i don't."

alex chewed on his lip. "um--"

"oh my fucking god, you're kidding."

"nope."

"alex!"

"don't 'alex' me! you also should have at least an idea of how we're going to get back."

"well, right now, we're fucked."

"do we have any signal on our phones?"

clay pulled his out of his pocket and scowled. "nope."

"well fuck."

"yeah, i know."

"should we try to just wander around and maybe we'll find our way back?" alex suggested.

"fine, yeah. but if we die, i'm blaming you," clay said as they began to walk aimlessly.

"how're you gonna do that?"

"because i'm gonna be seeing you in hell."

alex snickered, shoving clay sideways, in which earned him a harder shove in the opposite direction.