sixteen

he was out the house at around 10:30, so he should arrive at the bridge on time.

karl had also told them to bring a pillow and blanket so they would be more comfortable since it would literally be in the middle of a forest.

he pushed against the concrete lightly and his mind was empty as he road down the streets. some lights were still on, some weren't. some houses still looked like they were alive inside while others seemed dead for a few hours.

after turning the final corner, clay could make out three figures at the beginning of the bridge.

punz, leaning against the railing, on his phone, his mouth occasionally moving to answer what the others said.

karl, hopping on and off of his skateboard, laughing whenever he tripped or stumbled.

and george. sitting on his skateboard and gently rocking it side to side.

the moon had caught onto his rich brown hair, adding tints of perhaps silver in it. some of it hung over his eyes while other loose strands lifted in the gentle wind. his eyes were on his phone, which lit up his face, showing off his features--honeycomb eyes, full lips, long eyelashes that brushed against his cheeks, the palest of freckles.

the boy had one of his chains in his mouth with an absentminded tongue grazing over it. he had changed in a dark blue and yellow sweater than was really big on him and he had light gray loose jeans on.

okay, what the fuck-

why did he notice that?

toying with his lip piercing, clay rolled up and greeted them, eyes still flickering to the boy that sat on the skateboard right next to him.

they waited a few minutes until alex and nick arrived. alex greeted them eagerly and with that big smile that clay couldn't help but reflect.

"how deep into the forest are we going?" nick asked as they crossed the bridge, all alongside each other with their own pillows and blankets--karl was carrying the projecter and screen.

"and what movie?" clay added.

karl giggled--which earned a smile from nick--and said, "pretty deep, and it may or may not be a horror movie."

"oh, for fuck's sake."

"i'm done."

"please be kidding."

"fucking hell."

"absolutely not."

they all said that at the same time, earning more giggles from karl and a grin that grew more mischeivious by the second.

"by the end of the movie, we're all gonna be dead because karl brought us there to kill us." alex scowled.

"i'm running as soon as i see something suspicious," punz muttered.

they kept on joking and teasing each other as they finished crossing the river and road through the neighborhoods and buildings on the other side. a lot of lights were surprisingly still on, but the farther from the bridge they got, the darker it became.

when they made it to the beginning of the forest, karl kept on going in and the others reluctantly followed until they made it to a clear area surrounded by towering trees filled with leaves. the only light there was, was the moonlight.

"oh, he's definitely trying to kill us," george mumbled as they hopped off their skateboards and leaned them all against a tree.

"fuck off, dude," karl said. he tried to sound serious, but his smile wasn't agreeing with that.

clay laughed along with the others as they set up their pillows and blankets while karl set up the projector and screen.

the pillows all ended up leaning against a fallen log, all behind the projector projecting on the screen, which was hanging from some trees.

as he layed down, he groaned internally. oh, how he hated horror movies.

"so, which one are we watching?"

"the conjuring."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

yeah, ik the conjuring isnt so unique or "not scary" to some ppl, but its popular and i was too lazy to think about anything else ;D