twenty - nine

clay heard gags behind him and he himself had to hold back his own revolting stomach.

in the room was a corpse, and body parts thrown all over. some even seemed more fresh than others and it made clay's stomach coil even more.

he stood up and shut it, turning around and pushing the others out.

"abso-fucking-lutely not. i am not looking at that again. fucking disgusting. ew, nope. i know you guys wouldn't want to either. how 'bout we continue on, huh?" clay rambled, shoving them until they made it down the hall.

george's throat bobbed beneath his dark turtleneck. "god."

clay's hand slipped into the boy's and squeezed tightly.

alex chuckled nervously. "let's keep going, shall we?"

----

"nah, i'm about to run..." nick muttered.

currently, they were walking endlessly through a dark maze of corridors and thick walls. they didn't know where they were and it was a bit of a problem. their footsteps echoed loudly and some of their breaths were hitched.

there was a sudden bang and they all jumped. karl stepped behind nick and clay stepped in front of george absently, arms out protectively.

"that, did not sound good," clay muttered. "c'mon, is there another direction we can go?"

punz spoke up, "the only way back out is the way we came in..."

under his breath, clay said, "fuck."

george hummed, "that's a long way ba--"

another bang and then a clatter of what sounded like things falling over.

clay jumped again, chewing on his lip worriedly and glancing around at his friends. "i don't care. we gotta go. i don't fuckin' like this."

pushing his friends forward, clay hurried back the way they came. his hand found its way into george's and he squeezed it tightly. george squeezed back before smirking suddelnly.

"let's race back, why not? no stopping for each other, we can hope everyone can make it out," he said.

karl gave him a look. "that sounds menacing as fuck."

george giggled and ignored him. "so, we gonna do it?"

nick smirked. "sure, cya!"

he sprinted off, catching the rest of them of guard. punz groaned and chased after him, right on his heels. once the others came to their senses, they followed, leaping over fallen objects that suspiciously weren't there when they had walked down the corridors the first time.

clay shoved nick when he caught up to the boy in the lead. alex and george were right behind him, but clay's longer strides, gave him the very lead, now ahead of everyone else.

he saw a light all of a sudden, another exit to the outside. grinning, he swerved and darted towards the exit.

there were tons of objects littered on the ground and clay had to leap over a bunch of them. he knew the others followed by the sounds behind him.

once he was outside, he made his way to the tree where all their skateboards were without slowing down and shouted, "i'll see you guys at the bridge!"

"what the fuck!"

"no!"

"this is so fucking unfair!"

all of the complaints drifted off as he hopped onto his skateboard and immediately pushing against the ground, speeding up to a quick pace as he tried to catch his breath. his hair was ruffled all over the place and his clothes were a bit dirty.

but whatever.