thirty - nine

"fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck," clay whispered. "hurry upstairs and change, i'll get the door."

as george hurried up the stairs, clay stood up and walked over to the door, opening it. immediately, eyes darted to his face.

nick studied him closely. "hello clay..."

alex and karl glanced at each other and grinned while punz rolled his eyes, saying, "there's a carnival going on tonight, you two wanna come?"

clay smiled. "sure! george just got out of the shower so he'll be down in a bit."

smooth lie, he hoped.

nick raised a brow. "you might want to check your camera or something."

clay frowned. "what?"

a laugh. "just look."

with a frown still etched deeply into his face, clay pulled out his phone, swiping over to the camera and flushing red at how he looked at the moment.

his hair was fucking crazy, strands sticking up in every drection because of george's hair. his lips were swollen and still slick.

"okay, well, fuck," he grumbled, running a hand through his mass of hair in attempt to fix it.

karl giggled, "i do not want to know, so i'm not gonna ask."

clay huffed. "fuck off."

nick opened his mouth to speak--a taunt or tease most likely-- but he was interrupted by the rapid footsteps down the stairs and when clay glanced over to ask if george wanted to come to the carnival as well, the words quickly dried in his mouth.

george had completely changed his outfit. he now wore a baby blue sweater and fucking blue and white plaid skirt down to his knees, and to top it off, he wore combat boots.

as george came over, karl snickered. "cat got your tongue, clay?"

snapping out of his trance, clay clamped his mouth shut and looked over at the brunet, who was smirking. clay rolled his eyes.

"holy shit, george, that's hot," alex said. "since when do you wear that?"

george shrugged, giggling. "since never, i just knew this was in my closet and i wanted to fuck with clay."

clay scowled. "fuck you." but the blush on his face was evident, showing just how flustered it got him.

george grinned and hopped down the stairs outside and towards his skateboard. "hmm, later sweetheart, c'mon let's go to the carnival."

clay's jaw dropped. oh so george was bold today. the other boys all laughed at his reaction. punz flicked his face while nick ruffled his hair, hopping onto his skateboard and leading the way for all of them.

on the way there, clay couldn't stop glancing at george because oh fuck, wasn't he hot is that.