thirteen

after a horrible thirty minutes, they had made it to clay's home.

rolling up the driveway, clay hopped off his skateboard and leaned it against his house. george following suit, going quiet as the two entered through the front door.

it was empty, his parents were probably gone for some shitty reason and ally was probably as some friend's house.

happy, clay lead george upstairs, groaning silently as he noticed how hot it had become.

patches was sleeping on his pillows, head raising sleepily as the two stepped through his bedroom door.

george perked up. "you have a cat!"

patches mewed and hopped off the bed and trotted up to the brunet, nuzzling her head against his legs slowly until her tail lifted over her back happily, a purr emitting through her.

clay forced a smile. "yes, i do," he laughed. "her name is patches, and she seems to like you."

george mimicked the smile, but clay couldn't help but notice how it didn't light up the rest of his face.

a bit awkward, clay asked, "it's hot, do you want another shirt? i have a shirt that's too--"

george spoke quickly, "no! no, no, it's fine. i quite like long-sleeves."

clay hummed and sat down on his bed, george followed suit and patches meowed again, hopping onto the bed and into george's lap. another smile grew on the brunet's face and clay grinned grimly. "oh, she likes you for sure."

george looked around clay's room. "you have a lot of posters, and framed pictures."

clay laughed, "yeah, um, i like keeping a lot of stuff."

with patches still in his arms, george pushed himself off the bed and walked along his bedroom walls, inspecting the pictures and photos.

there was a lot of posters of skateboards, and 'aesthetic' photos of skateboard and skateparks. there were also a lot of his favorite artists and bands. most of them being chase atlantic and the neighborhood.

some of the framed photos were of him and his friends, him and his sister, or him and patches. that was pretty much it.

there was one of younger him holding patches as a kitten. the cat's forelegs were stretched upwards and her face had a curious look to it.

there was one of just patches.

there was another of him and ally both eating ice cream--at a young age.

in one, ally was on his back, a huge smile on her face and clay seemed to be stumbling in the photo, a laugh sketched onto his own face, his hair flying all over.

another had one of him, punz, and nick all on their skateboard, all lifted into the air and real grins on their faces--punz seemed to be laughing.

oh my god. there was one of nick and clay face to face and nick was fucking tugging on clay's lip piercing with his teeth, bottom lip pulled out ever so slightly to expose ivory teeth. clay had a smirk etched onto his face, one brow raised and hair fluffed up. nick was also smirking, but no bandana was keeping his hair up, so it was everywhere, hanging over his eyes. they were meeting eye contact.

one of his favorites was with him in the middle, arms wrapped around both punz and nick. punz was flipping off the camera, tongue stuck out. nick was glaring at clay with a smile still on his face. and clay was laughing, actually laughing. and there was a fucking ring around the tip of his tongue--a ring that clay still wore around his middle finger.

"wow," george said.

clay looked over at him. "what?"

"i don't know. i just-- i just didn't imagine you to be this type of person."

clay raised a brow. "oh really? what did i seem like?"

"I don't know! I--ah, i don't know."

george's eyes then traveled over to the one of nick and clay face to face and clay swore george's cheeks turned red as he spun away from clay's view for a second before turning back over to look at clay.

"what?" clay sneered.