fourty - six

nick

he gasped, already jumping to his feet.

"i'll meet you guys at the bridge, fuck the skateboards. run like your lives depend on it," he said, outside his door and sprinting to the bridge.

karl

his chest burned, his legs begged him to stop, but he couldn't, they had to get to clay in time.

tears were already building up in his eyes. tears of fear, fear for one of his best friends.

alex

he was already almost out the door when nick told them to head to the bridge.

he couldn't lose clay, he couldn't, he fucking couldn't.

the boy was like a brother to him, a brother he always needed, and was finally able to find.

punz

to get to the bridge the quickest, he had to go through trees, but he still chose that path anyways.

the forest-like terrain was annoying to get through, but he forced his way through, ignoring the sticks poking him and the roots tripping him every so often.

he couldn't lose clay.

they had just lost george.

clay

he arrived at the bridge and he stepped off his skateboard, kicking it up against the railing.

he stepped up to that railing and swung a leg over, hopping so he could stand on the slim pavement on the other side of the railing. the side where the water, depthless and unforgiving, cold and harsh, waited for him impatiently.

how cold was it? how hard was the impact? how bad would it hurt? would his limbs turn numb? how far would he go before his body went into panic mode and started to fight to the surface? would he fight?

those questions he had asked himself, weeks ago.

now he would get the answers.

"clay! goddamnit! wait, please!"

"wait, talk to us, please!"

"no!"

he took only two steps forward, and then he was falling, the wind and gravity slamming him into the cold, water beneath him.

how cold was it?

freezing. his limbs almost immediately felt like they were going numb. the heat was taken right out of him, like a pair of hands snatched it, just like that.

how hard was the impact?

hard. really hard, actually. because of how tall the bridge was, it almost felt like he fell onto concrete the shattered slowly beneath his back. but as soon as he broke the surface, it all softened around him.

how bad would it hurt?

it hurt pretty bad, but the pain already in his mind made the pain around him soften.

would his limbs turn numb?

already did. he could barely feel anything. was he turning blue, perhaps?

how far would he go before his body went into panic mode and started to fight to the surface?

when he finally disappeared entirely beneath the surface, it only took a few minutes for him to begin fighting and go into panic mode.

would he fight?

he was fighting, and he was trying his best to push against it, to will his limbs to accept it and relax as the void took over him.

nick

he paced back and forth, punz called 911, and they would be here any second.

alex trembled in karl's arms.

nick was too in shock to do anything.

even when the police and firemen came, he was his shock, barely able to form words or process words.

after a while, they found clay's body.

white, a tint of blue.

they were too late.

nick dropped by his best friend's body and he screamed, he screamed and sobbed as he gripped the soaked fabric of clay's hoodie.

the firemen and officers talked off in the distance. tape was put up and sirens wailed every second.

but nick drowned everything out, sobbing with his friends at the death of his best friend.

his throat was so raw and he screamed when they had to take his body.

along with an officer who held him back, punz gripped nick's arms, whispering so quietly, afraid his true voice would fail him.

clay

it was almost like he could hear the screams of his friends, but, it was already to late. he was gone.

and it was for the better.

maybe, he'll be able to see george again.

the end

--------------

i apologize for every single one of those deaths, i, as well, am sobbing at my own story.

i hoped you guys enjoyed the angst-filled story of dream and george, and i hope you guys will be excited for the next one. a werewolf / highschool au, with a bit of murder to add spice :)

take care and grab a drink of water, and maybe in the meantime, read "Famous Hearts" or "The Wolves" <3

- lupa

( Started- July 11, 2021

Ended- November 20, 2021 )

Total Word Count: 33,385