Chapter 9

Impeccable (adj)
Without fault or failure.

Evelyn's POV

     The rest of the work week was pretty decent. Dimitri has been really busy and whenever I ask about it, he says to not get involved.

With today being Saturday I don't have to work.

The girls and I plan to go clubbing later tonight, plus Martin. I'm happy Martin is coming, even though he said he will just sit at the bar and drink since dancing isn't his thing.

I make myself some dinner, cereal. I know how to cook some things, but I didn't really feel like cooking right now so cereal it is.

Pouring the Cocoa Pebbles in the bowl I smell the chocolatey aroma.

After I pour the milk, I dig in and get a second bowl. I definitely need a gym after this.

Finishing my second bowl I go upstairs to get dressed.

A black lace top with a silly black mini skirt with red flowers

A black lace top with a silly black mini skirt with red flowers. I've never been to a club, so I don't know if I'm dressed for the occasion. Do people just wear jeans to clubs?

Pulling me out of my thoughts my phone rings.

"Come on girly!" Kim squeaks.

I hang up and hop into Kim's white Jeep Liberty and head to a club.

"So, Eve-" Kim says while driving.

I look up in the review mirror and she's already switching her eyes between me and the road "do you live with the Don?" She asks.

Images of him kissing my jaw play through my brain. My knees knit together at the thought.

"Um, yeah. Just for a little bit." I smile.

"Have you tapped it yet?" She winks as Raeni laughs at her question.

I wish.

No, I don't.

Yes, I do.

"No-" I chuckle, "he's just helping me out until I make enough money to move out."

"Why would you want to?" She asks confused.

I ignore her question.

"Because he's scary Kim." Raeni defends me.

Thank you, Raeni.

"He's sexy. Scary is sexy." Kim laughs.

She's right. His presence screams power. His mere glance is intimidating.

We pull up to the club and see Martin parked outside waiting for us.

"Hi Martin! I'm happy you came." I smile.