Chapter 64

Evelyn's POV

My phone obnoxiously rings and wakes both May and I up.

I quickly look at the time and see that it's four in the morning then see that it's Dimitri!

"You're okay!" I say happily.

"I'm okay, piccola. I need you though. May is with you, yes?" He asks like he's in a hurry.

"Yes, she's right next to me."

"I'm going to send you an address, I need you both there within the hour."

"Okay, just send it and we will be on our way." May stands from the couch to begin gathering her things.

"Got the address?" She asks.

I yawn and show her my phone with Dimitri's message of the address pulled up. She takes it and heads towards her car with me following behind.

It takes us forty minutes to get to this place. It's a large, abandoned building.

"This isn't creepy at all." May says sarcastically.

I giggle, "not even a little."

We walk inside and we hear men's voices coming from a room somewhere down a large hall.

With cautious steps, we walk towards the voices and open the door slowly, hearing the old rusty metal crack.

"Dimitri!" I run and hug him tightly, which he returns.

There isn't a scratch on him, he's just a little sweaty.

I look around the dimly lit room and see it full of women. Some have scratches, ripped clothes, and crying. Fear stains their faces.

"We saved them. Most of them have some nasty cuts from climbing out a window and they need some women they can learn to trust. I feel like being around men might keep them afraid." Dimitri says softly, trying not to scare any of the women.

"May and I can help, just tell us what to do." May nods along, agreeing with me.

Dr. Kellogg runs through the door, making us snap our heads in his direction.

"Don, I'm sorry I got lost a few times but I'm here now." He says out of breath.

"It's alright. These women need help, they have cuts, some deep, and they need a full check up to make sure they are healthy. If they need antibiotics or anything, give it to them." Dimitri informs him. "The girls will help." He adds.

Dr. Kellogg is who helped Dimitri whenever he was shot so I trust him.

"Alright ladies, take some of this iodine and some gauze, you'll clean it with this then leave it for a few minutes for the iodine to work, it'll change the color of the skin so don't be alarmed. Next part is fully my responsibility, I will go around and give stitches to whoever needs them, if someone needs them," he hands us orange stickers, "put on of these on their arm and I'll know they need to be tended to. Lastly, we will go around and clean the stitches or wounds with saline then apply an antiseptic gel and cover it with a bandage." He looks at us both. "Any questions?"

We both shake our heads, desperate to help these panicking women.

He gives us the things we need and we begin to go around and help.

"Hi, my name is Evelyn. I know you're scared, but you're safe now. I'm not going to hurt you." I look into a girls eyes. She can't be older than sixteen. Her eyes water but she nods. Maybe she doesn't trust me yet. That's okay.