Chapter 41

Evelyn's POV

Chills run through my body. Who has his phone? Is he in danger?

"I'm Dr. Kellogg. I don't believe we've been introduced. I work for Mr. Ricci."

I sit on the edge of my bed. A doctor? This can't be good. "Is everything alright? Where's Dimitri?"

A pause of silence causes me to hold my breath. Please be okay, please God let him be okay.

"I'm going to send you the address. Come whenever you can so we can speak in person."

"Oka-okay yeah, yeah send it and I'll be on my way." I say quickly then realize I don't have a car, "Wait, I don't have a car." I admit.

"Mr. Ricci has plenty, I don't know where he would keep his keys, but I know he wouldn't care if you used one."

Wait, he has multiple cars? How the hell didn't I know that?

"Okay, I''ll find them just send the address." I say then hang up.

If I were a mysterious, cruel, flirtatious, sexy as hell mafia man, where would I keep my keys? Shut up Evelyn, now is not the time to think about his looks.

I go into his bedroom and search around. I look through his drawers, his bathroom, his pillowcases, everywhere. Nothing.

"Damn it! Think Evelyn." I say to myself as I get the text from the doctor from Dimitri's phone.

I finally find a set of keys on top of a a box inside the coat closet next to the front door. The house is a little tore up but, hopefully he won't mind. I'll clean it when I get back.

Walking into the garage, I see a line of cars. I click the unlock button on the key fob and headlights flash to a large black BMW. I can tell it's a newer model since it's automatic and not stick shift like other BMW's I've seen. Damn this man is loaded.

I open the garage door with the fob that's attached to the sun visor and pull out slowly, making sure nothing gets hit or scratched then close the garage door before making my way down the road.

It's been a minute since I've drove a car, I hope I still remember everything. I've gotten spoiled with being driven around everywhere. I hate driving, always have, but I need to know if Dimitri is okay. Since the doctor wouldn't tell me if he was over the phone, my natural response is to have the worst-case scenario in my head.

The worst-case scenario would obviously be him lying dead in a damn hospital bed.

After a while passes, I finally make it to the address. It's the mob's hideout, I was here when I got initiated.

I run out of the car and stop at the pool of dried blood in front of the main doors. What the fuck? He's dead, he has to be. That's way too much blood for anyone to lose and not die.

A tear slips from my eye as I examine the blood. This can't be happening. I just lost my mom; I can't lose another important person.

Wiping the tear off my cheek, I run through the doors hastily and look for any signs of life. The lights are on, but nobody is around.

"Doctor!" I yell out.

A door I haven't noticed before opens revealing an older, tall man in a long black coat.

"He's in here." He wafts me over.

My feet take control of my body and I walk past the doctor to see Dimitri.