Chapter 63

Evelyn's POV

I heard Dimitri's phone go off on the plane, but I was too tired to listen to his conversation.

All those emotions that ran through me tired me out to the point where I just needed a nap.

I can't believe he bought my old home. Now I have no idea what I'm saving my money for but, saving is a good thing. I thought my mom would be disappointed in me for being with him, and I thought she'd love Mark. But as time goes on, I see how wrong I really was. My mom would absolutely adore Dimitri.

If she were here right now, she'd probably be begging to be a grandmother. I remember she always wanted a big family. My dad left before that could happen, but as a kid, I promised to give her the big family she's always wanted.

Dimitri told me this morning, very cautiously might I add, that today is the day they have to go through with the plan.

I called Raeni, Kim, Martin, and May so we could all hangout today. I know May has never met my other friends, but I love her and want her to be apart of our little group. I need to keep myself distracted while Dimitri is in harms way.

We decided that we would go to a coffee lounge and play some board games, drink some yummy drinks, and eat some yummy snacks.

As I go through my clothes, Dimitri walks into my room.

"I have to go now, piccola. I'll call you as soon as I can." He holds out his pinky. I sadly take it into my own.

"You better not die on me, Ricci." I nudge his arm.

He smiles and kisses my forehead, "I love you."

I return his smile, "I love you too."

After a few minutes of hugging, he reminds me that he has to go and I walk him to the door then return to my room to pick out something to wear for today's outing.

I eventually decide on a dull blue long sleeve sweater knit shirt, a plaid blue and off white skirt that stops mid thigh, some comfortable boots that will keep my feet warm, and a gold necklace.

My makeup is light, only some mascara, and nude pink lipstick. I decide on curling just the ends of my already wavy hair then hear a car honk from outside.

I run down the stairs and through the front door to be met with Martin.

"Hi Martin! Thanks for picking me up."

He says 'no problem' then backs out of the long driveway.

The coffee lounge is close so it doesn't take long until we get there.

It's a small little place, but Raeni said she comes here often and they have an amazing atmosphere.

When we walk in, May is the only one waiting.

I run up and give her a hug. I know she probably came early so she didn't have to introduce herself to anyone, instead they'll introduce themselves to her.

"I'm Martin, nice to meet you." Martin holds out his hand to her. See! They'll come to her.

She shakes his hand, "nice to meet you too, I'm May." She smiles.

Raeni and Kim arrive a little while later. Raeni got her hair done and she's wearing it natural, it looks beautiful.

"Hey guys! Raeni, I love what you did with your hair." I compliment.

Her hands go into her hair and bounce it playfully, "thank you! It feels great!"

After all the introductions and small talk, we go to the counter and order some things. Martin orders a large coffee with a snack board that has meats and cheeses on it, I find it kind of gross to drink coffee with that but...whatever makes him happy. Raeni and Kim both order an iced coffee with a muffin, May orders a lemonade and I just order a slice of cheesecake with a bottle of water.