Chapter 60

Evelyn's POV

Australia has honestly been amazing. I'm used to being so busy now and taking this time to relax and really enjoy life has really healed a lot of places that I didn't even know were broken.

One particular event still hasn't fully healed, but it's a lot better than before. I know I had no other choice, and I saved Dimitri and other women he saw as prey. Was Mark's story about being sexually abused even real? I feel bad asking that but...I do have my doubts.

"All packed, piccola?" Dimitri asks from the doorway, holding Jinx.

A large smile spreads on my face as I walk closer to them. I nod and kiss him on the cheek and scratch behind Jinx's ears.

Poor Jinx has to be on a plane for hours! I hope he doesn't go stir crazy.

"Are you sure it's safe enough to go back?" I ask, only a little skeptical.

"Yes, and I have a surprise for you when we get back." He slides Jinx into his carrier.

"Don't say that! I have to wait for like a day and a half knowing I have a surprise. How do you expect me to do that?" I laugh at the end.

He shrugs and rustles my hair like I'm a kid. And of course, like a kid, I cross my arms and pout.

I haven't done anything to my hair except brush it today, but it was in place and now its not.

We sit in the car for about two hours before getting back to Perth. Longest two hours of my life.

We board Dimitri's private plane and get comfortable. I didn't tell him last time but, I wasn't sore or anything when I got off. I felt like I had slept in a bed all day.

"My men have come up with a plan. After we get over our jet lag, we are going to the hideout to talk about it." Dimitri says as he goes through emails on his phone.

"A plan?"

"About Popov. We need to put him down."

I sigh but nod shamefully. I know he has to go, I know he's a bad man and if we don't kill him, he will kill us. Then Jinx will have no family and I can't have that!

Dimitri's eyes soften while looking at me.

"I'm okay. I know it has to happen. I don't think I want to help, but I do want to be there for you."

"I would never intentionally put you in the middle of danger, piccola. You'd be on the sidelines with May."

May, Raeni, Martin, Kim, shit even Charlotte, I miss them.

We couldn't tell anyone where we were going before we left, or tell anyone we were leaving in the first place.

Jinx starts getting antsy after our second layover. I constantly hear him thump his little foot in his carrier. It's cute, but annoying after a while.

I decide to take him out and hold him, which he is very content with. Dimitri pets him from time to time and Jinx loves it. I'm starting to think he's a daddies boy.

"I think he loves you." I gush.

"E meglio che mi ami di piu." He says sarcastically.

{You better love me more.}

I roll my eyes. I'm not going to be a broken record and repeat that I don't understand Italian, he already clearly knows.

Jinx wiggles in my arms, his nails catch my skin and scratch me hard enough for me to loosen my grip on him.

He hops onto the ground then sits at Dimitri's feet.