Chapter 35

Dimitri's POV

My watch tells me that it's ten minutes after Evelyn was supposed to meet me here. I sigh and dial her number; she better pick up. I still hate that boy toy she's got but I can't exactly tell her not to see him anymore.

The phone rings, and rings, buzzing loudly into my ear until her voicemail cuts it off.

A cold chill runs past my neck as I dial her number again. She doesn't pick up once again.

A pit begins to form inside my stomach. I grab my keys as quickly as I can and call Eriks Popov, I know he's behind this.

It was stupid of me to assume she'd be safe right now. Not because she can't handle her own, or because she's not strong but because tensions are high, Popov is unpredictable but him taking her was the most predictable thing he could've done, which in turn, made us, me, not expect it.

"Ah, Mr. Ricci. Nice of you to finally call." His voice casually digs into my ears. His voice just makes my skin itch.

"You going to tell me where she is, or do I have to find her?" I grit.

A low laugh causes my face to burn with anger. "Hide and seek is a fun game Mr. Ricci. But I'm in no mood to play right now. You have something I want; I have something you want."

I bite the inside of my cheek to keep me from saying everything I want to say. This man wants territory, he wants to rule what's mine. I can't let that happen. My father and I have worked hard to build this, and I won't let him just take it away so easily.

"She's with me. Quite the talker as I'm sure you know." He cuts off my thoughts.

"Where is she Popov." My arms tense against the steering wheel of my car in frustration.

"Come to my warehouse, off of Redwood Avenue." He says as if we were having a normal conversation.

He's trying to rile me up even more. I can't show him my anger.

"Bring me a kilo of powder too. Seems like a fair exchange." I can hear the mischievous smile on his lips.

"I'll be there soon." I hang up before he can hear me explode.

In a fit of rage, I punch my window and watch it shatter. Glass falls all around me and into my hand. The calming burn of the cuts eases my anger slightly.

As my senses return, I examine the damage to my knuckles and pick the glass out of my skin.

Now I have another thing to add to the list. I have to bring my car to one of my men so he can fix my damn window.

I slam my door shut behind me and walk into my garage. The selection of cars reminds me of my success and what I've had to do to earn it. It used to leave a bad taste in my mouth but now, it's just work.

After hopping into another car, I jam the keys into the ignition before calling Antonio.

When he answers I tell him what's going on. He said that he'd fill in for me and send someone with a kilo of powder around the corner from his warehouse.

My hand drips a small amount of blood onto my jeans, but I don't give a damn. I need to get Evelyn back. Popov doesn't only deal in drugs; he also deals in sex trafficking. I don't usually do deals with men involved in sex trafficking as I find that disgusting, but if he were to ever put Evelyn in that ring of abuse...I'd kill everyone until I got her back.