Chapter 3: Project

I grab my computer, keys wallet, and glasses before heading out the door. Getting in my car, I drive to the cafe and get out. As I stepped into the cafe, the aroma of coffee and pastries filled my nose and I went to buy a hot chocolate and cupcake. After I got them, I sat down at a table and pulled out my phone, making a group chat and saying that I was there. After a few minutes Lisa showed up and then Jake, and Lincoln. They sat down at the table and we all got to work. The color scheme of my presentation will be pink, because Persephone was thought to be pink. And it can have some flowers around it as well. Caught up in my own little thoughts, I didn't realize the pair of eyes that were glued to me.

After a few hours, we decided to call it a day and head home. It was already dark but that didn't bother me, Jake offered to walk me home but I took my car, so I declined. I headed home and went straight to my room and collapsed on my bed. Why is socializing so exhausting? I thought as I walked to my closet and grabbed my pajamas putting them on. I took off the little makeup I was wearing and snuggled into bed just wanting to sleep, but of course, once again, my brain said otherwise. Oh well. I layed there in bed for a good 20 minutes thinking if something I could do. I guess I could clean my room. Getting out of the warm comforter, I grabbed my headphones and turned on some music and began the process of cleaning my messy room.

After I finished cleaning my room, it was already 3:30. And I still couldn't sleep in the slightest. So, I did what anyone would have done. I stared off into space and imagined what my soul mate would be like. After a while, I did end up falling asleep, only to be woken up again by the annoying alarm of my phone 1 and a half hours later.

Rushing to school, I feared I would be late. I didn't wake up on time and might just barely be able to make it without getting a tardy. But, to no avail.
"Miss Y/L/N. Care to explain why your late?"
My professor said.
"I-im sorry sir. I was up until four last night and over slept. It won't happen again."
I said.
"It better not. And why were you up until four?"
He questioned further.
"I-um I have insomnia sir."
I said looking at my feet. This whole conversation was in front of the class and all the eyes we're on me. It felt extremely uncomfortable.
"Uh huh. Sure. Get to your seat."
He said before turning back to his computer. I noticed that we were in our groups for the project, and went to sit near Lisa and Rosé.
"Not getting better eh?"
Lisa said.
"No, it's not. I don't think my birthday coming up is helping either."
I said sadly getting the computer out of my backpack. Or at least I tried to.
"Jesus fucking shit fucker."
I said. They all looked at me.
"I forgot my fucking computer." I said, now getting pissed. And before I knew it my nose was stinging and my eyes started to tear up. I tapped Lisa and gave her the "Please come with me look" Which she did, as I rushed to the bathroom. When I got there I finally sat down and just let it all out. I cried and cried for what seemed like hours and Lisa just sat there with me comforting me and trying to get me to relax and calm down. When I finally cried out what seemed like all of my tears. I hugged Lisa and told her how much I appreciate her and thanked her multiple times before we headed back to class. I'm sure my eyes we're puffy my cheeks tear stained and I probably looked like a zombie, but I tried not to think about it.

I only had my Greek mythology class today, so after that I headed right home and crawled into bed. To my surprise, I was actually able to fall asleep.

Waking up, I realized it was already midnight and got up to change into my pajamas and get a glass of water. When I was drinking my water, I realized that my birthday is tomorrow... That realization hit me hard and I ended up spitting my water out. Deciding not to dwell on it to much, I grabbed a towel and cleaned up the spilled water before I went back to my now clean room. I layed back down on my bed, still feeling a little bit sleepy and went back to bed again.

RING RING RIN-

"UGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHH" I stated clearly still wanting to sleep as much as possible but I also got up and out of bed rather happily, content at the hours of sleep I managed to get. After I did my morning routine, I went to school and sat down ready for the lecture looking as happy as ever, which didn't go unnoticed by Lisa and Rosé.
"I got a full 16 hours of sleep!"
They both looked a little relieved and surprised by my statement and after that we just gabbed about useless things until the professor got to class, but after a few minutes of him still not being here, we began to worry. Along with the rest of the students. That was, until another professor came in and announced that we were going to have a self study because the professor got sick and can't come to class today. We got into our groups and continued to work on our projects. I was almost finished with mine, which was good because we were presenting in 2 days. We all decided to take a break and just talk about random stuff.
"So are you excited? I mean your birthday is tomorrow!!"
Rosé said happily as she turned to look at me.
"Yes and no. I'm excited and all, but what if we switch when I'm presenting or taking a test! Then I'm fucked."
I said now beginning to worry even more.
"Girl chill, you'll be fine."
Lisa said.
"Let's just get back to work."
I said trying to take my mind off things.

_____________

Just to clarify a bit, Lisa and Rosé aren't idols in this book and this book takes place in America, or wherever you live. That's why I tried to stick with American names. I hope you guys are enjoying the book so far. Word count is 1141 including the authors note 😁

-Walrus
(:3 っ)っ