Chapter 26: Mason?

Italics represent flashbacks.

"We need to talk."
He said as I sat down on the bed next to him. I nodded, unsure of what was going to happen next. Was he breaking up with me? After what we just did? After he stayed with me for a week? After he kisses me? After I fell in love with him? Wait what? Love? Do I love him? No. I don't love. Loving is not in my vocabulary. Love is hate. And I definitely don't hate him. So I don't love him either. Right?
"Calm down babe. It's nothing bad!"
He said kissing my forehead. Well that's a relief.
"Besides, who would do all that? You basically met my family, we kind of lived together for a week, and yesterday we- well, someone's really messed up if they do that to another person."
He said again. Mason. Mason would do that. Mason did do that.
"Woah hey, whats wrong babe?"
He said getting me out of the rabbit hole I was going through.
"Well, since I don't think you'll leave me anytime soon, I think I should tell you my story. The story about Mason."
I said.

"I really like him! Do you think I should ask him out?"
I asked Lisa and Rosé.
"Go for it girl! You got this!"
They said pushing me towards the group of boys across the hall.
"H-hey Mason!"
I said stuttering as I looked at him for a second before looking back down to the ground.
"Hey Y/N, what's up?"
He asked.
"I was wondering if I could talk to you. Alone maybe?"
I responded, resisting the urge to just say 'the sky' and walk away.
"Sure! Here, we can go right over there!"
We walked to a more secluded part of the school and stood opposite of each other.
"So what did you want to talk to me about?"
He asked. I fiddled with my fingers a bit before finally mustering up the courage to just ask him.
"Doyoumaybewanttogoonadatewithme?"
I said super fast. Like, pro rapper, Agust D fast. He looked at me. An obviously confused look on his face.
"I'm sorry what? Could you repeat that please? A bit slower this time?"
He said chuckling. This was my worst nightmare! I have liked this guy for a really long time! And here I am. Finally mustering up the courage to ask him out, and yet I failed the part of the exam where humans interact with other humans. I got a big fat F in that subject. I took a deep breath and spoke.
"Would you maybe want to go on a date with me?" I asked again, looking up at him to see his reaction. First he was almost expressionless. But you could see a bit of disgust in his face. Then, after a few seconds, that face turned into a smirk.
"Sure. I'll pick you up at around 6:30 tonight?"
I nodded and skipped back to my friends ready to tell them the news. That was red flag number one.

I got ready and decided to wear my usual style. Cute, and girly

 Cute, and girly

Then I waited. And waited, and waited. Around 7:40, my doorbell rang, and I went to answer it. It was Mason.
"Hey! Sorry I was late! Football practice ended late! Are you ready for our date?"
He asked. Red flag number two.
I nodded and walked to his car.
"Hey, can you sit in the back? I don't really like when people sit in the front."
I nodded once again and opened the car door, and got in. We drove for a bit, then we pulled up in front of a house. A girl walked out and got in the front seat.
I was about to say something but Mason looked back at me glaring into my soul, making me instantly shut my mouth. Red flag number three. Yup. Three red flags in one night and still, I decided to see how the night ends.

A few more minutes of driving and we pulled up to another house, only this time, you could hear the music from the house, inside the car. We got out and started walking towards the door. That's when he turned around and said,
"Wait out here, I'll be right back."
I nodded and sat on the steps as I watched him and the girl go into the house.

30 minutes passed and he still wasn't here. I decided to go in the house and try to find him. Big mistake. As soon as I did lay eyes on him, he looked at me. And then glared at me. And then smirked at me. He got up from where he was seated and walked closer to me. He grabbed my arm and harshly pulled me back into an empty room.
"I thought I told you to wait outside."
He said, anger evident in his tone as he spoke through gritted teeth.
"I-i was, but then half an hour passed and you s-still weren't here."
I said getting more nervous for my wellbeing. He smirked and then released me.
"Y'know, I like you. Do you want to be my girlfriend?" He said as he backed away from me. This was a dream come true! I really liked Mason, and he just asked me to be his girlfriend!
"Of course!"
I said and hugged him, he didn't hug back.
Mistake number one.

________________________
Hope you like it!

-Walrus
(:3 っ)っ