Chapter 35: Wonder

"Girl! I love Y/N so much!"
Lisa said over the phone.
"I know! She's the sweetest thing! We're talking about the letters right?"
Rosé replied.
"Of course! But, I did get a bad vibe from them..."
"They did kind of seem like a goodbye."
"You don't think that she?"
"Now that you mention it, it doesn't seem too out of the picture."
"We need to get to her house. NOW!"

"Oh my god Y/N?!"
The two girls yelled as they rushed to their friends side.
"Call 911!"
Lisa looked at her best friend. She was laying on the bed unconscious with two of the three pill bottles empty.
"T-they're on their way."
Rosé said looking at Lisa.
"W-why would she do this?"
Lisa said with tears streaming down her face.
"Why didn't she talk to us?"
They were both crying and looking at their best friend waiting for the ambulance to show up.

The two best friends sat in the waiting room each calling Y/N's brothers and parents.
"I think. . . I think that we should call NamJoon."
Rose looked at Lisa.
"Maybe he can help her."
They both sat there for a moment.
"It's worth a shot."
Lisa said and tapped on NamJoons contact.
"Don't call me."
And he hung up before Lisa could say anything.
"Try again?"
Rosé suggested.
"I said don't ca-"
"It's Y/N!"
There was a pause on the other end.
"What about her?"
He said coldly.
"Namjoon I think you need to come back to Oregon. Y-Y/N tried to- she tried to kill herself. And I think that you're the only one that she really needs to help her."
There was shuffling and then a yell was heard.
"Everyone get here and out the door right now! Lisa we're coming. Just tell Y/N to hang in there a little longer."
"She's unconscious and we don't know the state of her condition yet. Please just hurry."
Lisa sobbed.
"We're trying."

Namjoons point of view

"Why what happened? Why were you yelling?"
Jimin asked as they all rushed to the front door.
"I'll explain later but right now we need to leave. Get in the car we're going to the airport."
Though the boys were never told why, they all somehow knew that they were going to Y/N.

They arrived at the airport and booked immediate first class tickets to Portland Oregon. Once they were seated and the plane took off, Jungkook finally asked.
"What happened NamJoon? Is she ok?"
"Guys, Lisa just called me. She said that, that Y/N was back in the hospital."
"WHAT?"
They all yelled gaining a few stares from other passengers.
"Why? What happened?"
Jin asked.
"Lisa said that she tried to commit suicide."
They all stopped breathing. Tears were filling up their eyes as they all looked down trying to hide it.
"We need to get to the hospital as fast as we can. And though we all want to question and get mad at her for what she did, that will be for another time. All that blame is only going to make things worse for her."
They all nodded their heads and went back to their seats, still crying. A couple hours later they were all asleep. All except for NamJoon. He was too busy. His mind was too preoccupied for sleep. He couldn't picture the state of his girlfriend. He didn't want to imagine the state of her. Because though she broke up with him and broke his heart, he still considers her his girlfriend. He still loves her. And he just wants her to be ok. He wondered what was going to happen when he got there. He wondered if she would be awake yet. He wondered if she would be relieved to see him or mad at his presence. He wondered if she still loved him or if she had moved on already. He had a million thoughts running through his head. But he just wanted to make sure she was ok.

Long hours passed before their flight ended. NamJoon woke up the boys. He was exhausted. He didn't sleep for the whole 11 hour flight. They hailed a taxi and went straight to the hospital. Lisa and Rosé were waiting in the front for them.
"Is she ok? Do they know how to make her better? Is she consious?"
Namjoon went straight to asking questions.
"She's- going to live. But just barely. If she had taken any more pills or if we had found her an hour later she wouldn't have survived. They have her on IV and are watching her closely. The doctor says that she should wake up soon."
Rosé answered.
"We'll take you to her room. Follow us." Lisa said walking through the hospital halls. We all followed. The girls had no energy left. They weren't energetic like they usually are at all. None of us were to be honest. I saw her family. They were sitting on the benches in the hall. They turned to look at us, surprise written on their faces.
Her parents stood up and walked over to me. I don't know what I was expecting but it was certainly not the hug I had received. Y/N's mom looked at me tears threatening to spill.
"Please, she was so happy when you were together. Please make her happy again."
"I will." I said and walked to her door. I slowly turned the knob and walked through, my eyes immediately resting on her figure.
"What happened to you when I left?"
I whispered looking at her body laying on the bed.
_________________
Walrus